Ring review

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Ring review

Postby Bacardi Jim » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:53 pm

My review of Ring. It isn't properly formatted for the forum, but is now available in the Conservatory.

http://mysterymanor.net/reviewring.htm
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:02 pm

I played Ring when I had less than 5 adventure games under my belt. I enjoyed it, alot, and I am not a sci-fi fan at all. It is funny how I can remember more about that game than ones I played a month ago. It was quite memorable.

Great review BJ. Have you played the sequel yet?
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Bacardi Jim » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:19 pm

I've avoided Ring II. It got universally horrid reviews from those sources I trust.
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Fairygdmther
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Fairygdmther » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:36 pm

Here I was sitting at the PC debating what game to play next, now that I've finished Drowned God, and Lo and Behold, a wondrous review appears magically before me for The Ring, which I just happened to have as a sealed, brandy new game. I do hope the awesome, expansive score of the opera is fully utilized here. The passionate power, the thundering boom of Wagner in a game! Wow! I can't wait! BJ, thanks for your well-informed and, as always, exquisitely written review.

FGM
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Bacardi Jim » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:43 pm

Errrr..... ummmm.... it wasn't that good. Only a 7 1/2. But certainly unique and original and pretty and interesting. Thanks for the kind words about the review. And congratulations on your magnum opus review of DG. :)
Fairygdmther
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Fairygdmther » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:50 pm

BJ, thank you very much - that is high praise indeed from one who is so talented as yourself. :o

FGM

Return to “Review or Rate Games”