Some of Our Favorite Adventure Games

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Mr Bill
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Some of Our Favorite Adventure Games

Postby Mr Bill » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi fellow Ghosts,

The following link goes to Some of Our Favorite Adventure Games.

Bill and Lela
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:56 pm

There are several of my favorites in those lists, Mr. Bill, and some that I've played in the past year or so.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:04 am

What an interesting list Mr. Bill. I have played everything but Zork Grand Inquisitor on your "Our Choices for Game of the Year" and eleven out of thirty from your "Memorable Games" list. I gather you don't like the spooky games too much? [smilie=skullt.gif]

I can't wait to see what you pick for 2004.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
1Greywolf
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby 1Greywolf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:11 am

:salut: Boy: What a list I have played quite a few but not even close to all of them.

I was surprised that you didn't include, The Clossal Cave "Adventure"

In fact it is still on the internet on the Colossal Cave Site.

http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/

I remember playing it on an old "K Pro" Computer you had to type in what move or action you wanted to do, then the game would answer where you were at, or if you could go there or pick up something, ect.
Would you like to play a game?
Mr Bill
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Mr Bill » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:30 pm

Lady Kestrel - You would have played more of them if you'd had a PC. :) Have you ever tried Virtual PC? We have a friend in Hawaii who used it all the time. Her only complaint was that some games ran slowly under it.

BTW; Are you aware that there are other foods available besides chocolate? :wink:

Ghostlady - We loved ZGI and were testers for it (both alpha and beta). We wanted to be very much involved because we felt that Zork Nemesis had strayed from the true traditional humor that had played such a roll in the original Infocom Zork text adventures. You should love it.

No, we avoid those spooky games that have gore and excessive violence. Now we enjoyed Dark Fall, but in that game he was able to give the feeling of spooky without the violence and gore. We prefer games that make us laugh and feel good inside.

Greywolf - We would have included Clossal Cave (Adventure) in that list if we had played it simply because it was the start of computer gaming. It was not a commercial game, but it was the inspiration to others, Infocom for one, that came out with commercial computer games.

Cheers,

Bill

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will NEVER die - Calvin and Hobbes
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:55 pm

Mr. Bill,
Other foods besides chocolate? Don't be silly!

Virtual PC can be a royal pain for Macs, and it is very slow. I'd rather keep the two systems separate and may get a Windows computer eventually. The trouble with that is there are several older PC games I want to try and some newer ones, so then I run into the problem that a lot of people with XP are facing - major tweaking. :tear
There's no such thing as too many books!
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Bacardi Jim » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:57 pm

Just wanted to send out a belated welcome to the famous Mr. and Mrs. Bill. Glad you found us!
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:48 pm

Hello Mr. Bill and thanks for the lists.

There are sooo many of those I haven't played yet :)
britsy
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby britsy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 pm

Wow - I'm an addict..... :shock:

there are only three games from your lists (both of them) that Ihaven't got or played.

I've got all the others - although some have still to be played.

Beyond Atlantis ll is one of my all time favourites -
that wonderful gallop across the sea!
That's one I replay fairly often when I want to chill out.

Thanks for the list Mr Bill - I still visit your site -and your game buying sites have saved my sanity more than once....
Nakimura
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby Nakimura » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Mr. Bill! Yours was the first adventure game website I've visited and I'm a big fan since then.
I like your list but I was desperate trying to find Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father, you haven't played it yet or you didn't like it?

Return to “Review or Rate Games”