My thoughs about Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

My thoughs about Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure

Postby danyboy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:01 pm

Hi guys,

O.K. some of you most say this is an old game, but not for me I've been without playing games for several months and I just started playing again few weeks ago. I don't pretend to be an expert about review but I have to give you my thoughs about the game, I have to get this out of my chest.

This is a non linear game (the one that I like)

In that game you're Fenimore Fillmore a lovable, funny and clumsy character, who become the hero of that game by accident (Very short resumé don't you think, but that explain the story perfectly.

Graphics aren't all that great, they're very primitive sometimes, rocks trees etc. could have been made by a kid. Very important thing to know before starting the game, be sure to download and install the patch before starting to play, or you will have trouble later in the game!!!!

The puzzles aren't very difficult and the storyline I saw better, but I liked the game at the beginning I found it funny and refreshing, the action part of the game THE SHOOTING was fun, picking up those damn carrots was repetitive and without any reason except to make you lose time.

When I started to hate the game was when a multitude of gliches appeared, her are some examples (and it's not because the specs of my putor aren't good, I have a lot more than they were asking for):

-You're at Alvin Jones Farm you jump on the horse and click on Starek City, because it's their you want to go but the stupide horse decide to make a stop at the Bannister Farm, even if you didn't click on the damn place, this hapen to me several times during my gameplay.

-The Spicy Sarparrilla Duel, this part of the game reminded me of the insult duel in Monkey Island, so it's Déja vu, first and second went fine but things started to get on my nerves at the duel with Shorty, he repeated me over and over the same 3 rhymes without me being able to reply anything cause I didn't have anything in my choices that rhymed with what he was asking, I saw that the patch help you in that area, but me I started the game and installed the patch after, so I kept my saves and instal the game and the patch again and put back my saves, it didn't work I had to used someone else saves to go through that part of the game, funny thing after 3 times doing the duel with Shorty I had the answer to rhyme it back, I most have do that duel with Shorty 60 time with my saves.

-The left side of the bed drawer in room 4 couldn't be completly open so I couldn't pick up the money and also there was a dollar in the closet in the Doctor's room that I couldn't pick up.

- At one point you buy a launcher belt at the store and if you try it before you're suppose you lose it.

-Several crashes during the gameplay that got worst at the duels.

That's about it for the gliches!!!!

Overall this is my rating of the game 3+/10 it would have been 5/10 if the game didn't have those gliches, but some people didn't encounter the problems I had, so if you feel lucky go for it!!!!

CU

danyboy :)
Last edited by danyboy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied,
I don't need you
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:10 pm

I didn't realize there were so many problems with this game. How terrible to spend money on something like this. No game should be put on the market without thorough testing.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
danyboy

Postby danyboy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:14 pm

Hi Ghostlady,

Lucky me I paid only 20$ for that game and would have been very mad if I had pay more, I don't have to tell you who the distributor of that game is. I've got problem with games that you need to apply a patch, puting on the market a product that isn't completed give me headach, would we accept to buy a dvd movie or a music cd where some lyrics are missing and that we would have to download a patch to make it work, some of you most say that games are far more complicated, you're right but we can expect to have a good product for the money we give!!!!

CU

I don't need you
Melia
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Melia » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:08 pm

Danyboy, I gave up on the game when I couldn't get through the shootout even after doing it perfectly. It became not fun and I sold it soon after.
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.
It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :shock:
danyboy

Postby danyboy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:10 pm

Hi guys,

Melia, I though several times about given up but I didn't, I don't know why I did finished the game, I can understand people who couldn't finished this game, It's like reading a book, you're reading the first hundred pages and you say to yourself maybe something will come up later, you read a hundred more and still waithing for something interesting to hapen, sometime something hapen sometime it don't! but you continue the damn book anyway. Now I'm playing a N.D. game: Blackmoor Manor, cause I do need to relaxe!!!!

CU

I don't need you

Return to “Review or Rate Games”