Gabriel Knight/Monkey Island series

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Tanuvein
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Gabriel Knight/Monkey Island series

Postby Tanuvein » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:23 pm

I coulda sword I already posted this thread yesterday, but I can't find it for the life of me...

Anyhow, I was wondering what your guys' opinions on the two series are, and how you'd rank them?

I thought the Gabriel Knight series is one of the best, most genuinely mature (not sophomoric mature, like most M rated games) series ever. The stories are powerful, touching, and each one plays out like a masterfully written novel.

My favorite, despite horrid video production, is Beast Within (GK2), followed by Blood of the Damned (GK3), and Sins of the Father (GK1)

So: GK2, GK3, GK1

Monkey Island... is simply fricking hilarious. Though the first one only got me to laugh a few times, the other three had me rolling most of the way through. The first one, despite costing me the most, was still good, just very short and less interesting than the others. I actually downloaded hte second, but only because I bought it in a collector's box, unopened, from the UK and don't want to even open it. That cost a pretty penny too.

My favorite is easily Curse of the Monkey Island (MI3), followed closely by Return to Monkey Island (MI4, I didn't have much trouble with the controls, though, really), and then LeChuck's Revenge: Monkey Island 2 and the original Escape from Monkey Island.

So: MI3, MI4, MI2, MI1

I hear there is a fifth one on the way, I can't wait.
What can change the nature of a man?

Return to “Review or Rate Games”