Still Life - Excellent

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Still Life - Excellent

Postby Ghostlady » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:28 pm

I finished Still Life tonight. It is the best game I have played in quite awhile. The graphics were knock-down gorgeous and the cut-scenes in all the right places. Excellent mature adult story, having to use deductive skills. A good number of puzzles, with one extremely hard (the spider/robot puzzle.) This puzzle rates in my top ten hardest puzzles to solve. The characters personalities were delightful and the overall story was well done. Excellent and Excellent. I give it a 10 out of 10.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby danyboy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi guys,

Happy that you loved the game, I prefered this one over Post Mortem (The not really part 1), you're right graphics were excellent, some puzzle challenging. This was a great game.

CU

danyboy :)
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied,
I don't need you
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby shany » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 pm

I really liked Still Life, even though it had some some faults (mainly the dialogues, voice acting and the acting) it was a fun game, and I like playing a different character each time.

Did you notice that the main menu changes depending on who you're playing as? I was surprised that they made that effort.
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor

Postby Ghostlady » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:27 pm

Yes I did notice the main menu changing. A nice added touch. I am surprised to hear you didn't like the voice acting. I thought it was pretty good. Each character's personality came out for me.
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby shany » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:59 pm

The problem was that even though the main characters were great, and Claire and Victoria's 'partner' (forgot his name) were also good, nearly all the minor characters were terrible:
The two dumb brothers, their boss, the policeman you meet at the begining, Mia, the painter, most of the prostitutes, Victoria's father Patrick, the bouncer/pimp at the club, all of them seemed to make their character sound as cartoony as possible and ruined the atmosphere for this dark game.
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor

Postby Ghostlady » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:31 pm

I guess you have a point. I did like the policeman and the bouncer though. I thought they were unique. The two brothers were overly dumb.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:01 am

Is it confrontational? IOW are there ogres and things that go bump in the night which will attack you at any moment? And if there are do you have another life?

This I need to know as I hate/cannot cope with anything which jumps out and attacks me!!!! I know - the World's Worst Wimp!! :)
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor

Postby Ghostlady » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:50 pm

Nope, none of the above. There are some cutscenes that come up on you but you don't die. There is an action puzzle with the spider/robot, but we have a save all fixed up for you if you need some help getting past it.

Return to “Review or Rate Games”