My thoughts about NiBiRu

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

My thoughts about NiBiRu

Postby danyboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:38 am

Hi guys,

I enjoyed this game a lot, puizzles were very easy except for one (The coloured balls puzzle, I spent more than 3 hours doing it before I had this idea on how to do it, after that only 30 minutes were needed to finish it, this is an amazing puzzle, my kind of puzzle), a couple of sliders (I'm very good with those, if you want to be good with sliders play the Pandora's box game, you will be a king with those at the end of that game), The story was great but a lot of unanswered question at the end.Not a lot of talking (I like that in a game), a lot of places to visite and things to do. Graphics aren't bad, but sometime images are too dark and I'm having problems seeing well when it's too dark.The main character Martin isn't very lovable, didn't even remembered is name after the game, had to look at a review to write it here, Some of the talking are very hard to understand (people are speaking English with a bad French accent, or English with a bad Spanish one) Be sure to lower the sound in the back (music or other stuff) because you wont understand much of what they say.the game had an ending but some questions remained unanswered. [EDIT] I forgot to say, I did 65 saves during my gameplay and they're 4 squares per page and the oldest saves are at the top and the newest at the end, this is quite irritating and the game is also allergic to ALT-TAB so if you're like me and played for a while and want to go surf the internet for a couple of minutes and go back to your game and having to go through 17 pages before finding the right save, you're becoming mad at some point. So hear me here game makers, newest saves at the top and oldest at the end

Graphics: 7.5/10 (dark sceneries lower this up a bit)
Story: 7/10 (some unanswered questions lower this a bit)
Puzzles: 7/10 (the coloured balls puzzle help here a lot.)
Cutscenes: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

This was a fun game to play!

CU

Danyboy :)
Last edited by danyboy on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied,
I don't need you
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby shany » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:36 pm

I agree with you about the game.
I thought it had decent puzzles and graphics, but a boring main character, bad voice acting (you forgot to mention horrible German accents) and a non-ending make this a very forgettable game.

I thought Martin was this game's main problem, did he once seem to be interested in what was going on around him? He finds out such interesting things but he doesn't care, it's like he's a robot sent to do a certain job and will not rest until it's done.

His behavior reminded that of Samuel in The Black Mirror, especially one moment when he finds a miner's body in a mine and we get to read his diary, it's sad reading how the miner got stuck there and died out of thirst, and his last wish is that whoever finds the diary will give him a proper burial.
But does Samuel do anything? Care about it? Tell anyone? No. That was just mean that he didn't tell anyone.
Same thing with Martin, he finds all those dicoveries and all he cares about is what his uncle asked him to find.
danyboy

Postby danyboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi guys,

I agree with you, but like I said before, it's not because I'm seeing a game that way that people are seeing it the same way, this is very personnale to each one of us, but sometime when a lot of people are seeing it the same way that should mean something. I edited my original post because I forgot something.

CU

danyboy :)
I don't need you
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby shany » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:45 pm

I agree about the saves, this is why I usually overwrite the older saves when possible. It also saves hardisk space.
Melia
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Melia » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:01 pm

I tend to agree with everyone, here, especially with the ctrl/esc problem What a pain in the neck to have to exit the game, look for help, then restart the game!
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.
It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :shock:
danyboy

Postby danyboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:04 pm

Melia wrote:I tend to agree with everyone, here, especially with the ctrl/esc problem What a pain in the neck to have to exit the game, look for help, then restart the game!

That's what I hate the most in a game, I like to play my game for a while and ALT-TAb I'm online to chat a bit ALT-TAb back to my game.

CU

danyboy :)
I don't need you

Return to “Review or Rate Games”