Keepsake Review by Mark Hasley

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Mr Bill
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Keepsake Review by Mark Hasley

Postby Mr Bill » Sun May 14, 2006 11:39 am

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we have just posted Mark Hasley's review of Keepsake at Mr. Bill's Adventureland.

Cheers,

Bill and Lela
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun May 14, 2006 11:45 am

Thanks for posting this, Mr. Bill! The game looks beautiful, but it's a shame it doesn't have some sort of zip mode to get through the repetitive screens.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
Melia
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby Melia » Sun May 14, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks, Mr. Bill. Your assessment is exactly what I thought. The graphics were astounding but the voice acting was horrible.
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.
It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :shock:
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Sun May 14, 2006 2:16 pm

I played Keepsake recently and usually get totally lost in games. Once I got my landmarks in this one, I was ok, it is easier when you get to the teleports. I used the different colors of the rooms to remember where I was. Most of the time Lydia was running and it didn't take very long to get to where I wanted to go.

I plan to play it again and try to work out more of the puzzles by myself, it is really a gorgeous game.
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Sun May 14, 2006 8:34 pm

I finished it recently also and thought it was a wonderful game. The walking back and forth was a little tedious and the voice acting a little flat but I really enjoyed it.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon May 15, 2006 10:34 am

I finished it recently and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! The scenery was magnificently beautiful as everyone agrees, but what really impressed me, was the fact that when I thought I was almost finished there was another whole new world opening up and it turned out to be twice as long as I thought it would be.
Agree the voices were blah and the voice of the merchant drove me up the wall. In fact whenever he came on later, I fast forwarded the talking and just read the titles!!!
But it was generally entertaining, stunningly visual and I thought well worth the price!
Katsmom
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby Katsmom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:36 am

I was completely enchanted by Keepsake. :D I played it a second time. I loved the imaginative story, the breathtakingly beautiful scenery, and our ever-changing companion Zak. :tu

I agree that the voice-over acting was terrible, though... and I couldn't stand to listen to the guy who played several of the male characters. I had to click out of his dialog to save my sanity. :grazy:

But overall, I think this is a great game. It has so many helpful features that we don't get in many (or any) games -- the in-game maps, the blue arrow to show you where you are in panoramic scenes, the 'hint system' that gives you instant clues and will solve the whole puzzle for you if you get too frustrated. I wish they'd allow us to save more games (limited to 8 save slots) -- but I worked around it by copy/pasting my saved games into a new folder on my computer.

It has an interesting story... a mystery to solve; and an ending that you won't soon forget.

EDIT Note: Be aware that the European version(s) and the North American version of Keepsake are different. They made several changes, especially on the upper floors in the game. If you look for a Walkthrough for Keepsake -- make sure you use the right one for the version you're playing.
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby danyboy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:31 am

Thanks Mr. Bill.

CU

danyboy :)
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied,
I don't need you

Return to “Review or Rate Games”