Safecracker 2006

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
trudysgarden

Safecracker 2006

Postby trudysgarden » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:14 am

This is a copy of a quickie review that I orginally wrote for Spyglass 8/21/06.

Say, didn't I play this game a few years ago??? NO, I didn't!! Huzzah for the freedom to shout as much as I want here...

The 'new' Safecracker, 'Safecracker 2006', 'Kheops' Safecracker', whatever you want to call it is a fun, fun, fun puzzle game.

Puzzle game, kids, not adventure game. Make no mistake about that, it's all about the puzzles. You won't peek into drawers or closets or look under the bed. You WILL read some letters, you WON'T need to pick up much or carry alot of stuff around. Conversations? NPCs? Nah. Puzzles, kids, I said puzzles.

As far as puzzle games go this one was total fun with very little frustration for me. Yeah, I'm a puzzle kinda gal. Yeah, I DO love a good slider and the mazes didn't daunt me for a change. Plenty of variety, good scenery, music was annoying in spots but I was able to turn it down, no glitches, no crashes, no start up problems for me at all. The environment was well drawn and colorful even though I couldn't really interact with it.

So, what's the down side? It's linear to a certain extent - your progress is guided by the contents in various safes - so if you don't manage to open one of them you might be hindered a little until you do crack it. Length - pretty short. Is short always that bad, though? I did feel like I got my money's worth so short was ok with me. The ending was also a little abrupt but at least I got to pick it!

I played this on my HP pavillion a730n which has a 3.0 G processor, 1 G of memory and an ATI Radeon 700 Pro video card. Which I think was overkill to tell you the truth.

happy trails,

Carolyn
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby danyboy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:24 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing this with us, great review.

CU

danyboy :)
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 pm

Verrry nice. Thank you. It was a very enjoyable game.

Return to “Review or Rate Games”