AGON: The Mysterious Codex Review by Mark Hasley

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Mr Bill
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

AGON: The Mysterious Codex Review by Mark Hasley

Postby Mr Bill » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:42 am

Dear Friends,

Wanted you to know that we have just posted Mark (The Haze) Hasley's review of AGON: The Mysterious Codex.

Take care and enjoy,

Bill and Lela
GreyFuss
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby GreyFuss » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks Mr Bill & Lela for stopping by and letting us know.
danyboy
Diabolically Devilish Moderator
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby danyboy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks Mr Bill & Lela!

CU

danyboy :)
Angelfire
Ghastly Goblin
Ghastly Goblin

Postby Angelfire » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:34 pm

Thank you, it sounds very interesting.
Tichelle
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Tichelle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:41 am

It is pretty interesting.

Angelfire, I have this!!!

I'm waiting for Episode 4.
(Wants to move to Hershey, PA.)
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:26 am

I bought the boxed version of this game's episode's 1-3, and it wouldn't even start on my Mac. First, the box's listed system requirements were lower than the ones in the readme file, but even though my Mac matched the higher requirements (after upgrading Quicktime), the game wouldn't even start up! Writing to the company's tech support got me a sort email (after 3 attempts) which had a patch file attached to make the game work with the new Intel Macs (which I don't have), but I though I'd try the patch anyway in case it had more to it that could help me out. Well, the stuffed patch file was corrupt and wouldn't open, so I couldn't even install it.

Another email replying to the one with the corrupted patch file, and I got a reply saying pretty much "we'll get back to you" which they never did although I wrote again a few times over the past few months.

What really irritates me is that I downloaded the episode 1 demo and tried it out to make sure it would work on my Mac, and it did. I bought the boxed version because I had a very slow dial-up connection at the time.

I refuse to buy the download version when I already spent $30 on the boxed version that won't work.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
GreyFuss
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby GreyFuss » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:19 am

What a terrible experience Jude. Have you ever considered a computer other than a Mac?
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 am

Ha, ha! ;( No, never.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
GreyFuss
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby GreyFuss » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 am

Big Mac Attach! :D
Mr Bill
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Mr Bill » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am

Sorry about your difficulty Jude. Was this boxed Mac version from Viva Media? Did you buy it dirrectly from them?

Bill
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:33 pm

Mark's review is excellent, Bill and Lela! Thanks for posting it here. I, too, am looking forward to The Sword of Toledo.

I had a similar experience to Jude's. I had downloaded, played, and loved the first 3 episodes. They ran flawlessly on my iMac. I later won The Mysterious Codex at GB and installed it on my iBook. It wouldn't run at all, and I think it may have something to do with the graphics card. I haven't tried it on my iMac because I don't want to remove the game that works in order to try it, at least not yet.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 pm

Mr Bill wrote:Sorry about your difficulty Jude. Was this boxed Mac version from Viva Media? Did you buy it dirrectly from them?

Bill

Yep, it was the OS X boxed version from Viva-Media. I bought it mail order from macgamestore.com.

LadyKestrel, do you have an NVidia card in the Mac that the boxed version doesn't run in? It's occured to me that the other computer I tried to get it to run on was my Mom's eMac and it has an Nvidia card, too. Maybe I should install it on my old Power Mac 500 with the ATI Radeon (although then the CPU would be below the required specs).

Not that finding the problem would help, since their tech support wouldn't even resend the (admittedly probably useless) UB patch again or give me a link to download it, when the one they sent arrived corrupted and wouldn't even unstuff :(

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe

Return to “Review or Rate Games”