The Arrangement - review

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

The Arrangement - review

Postby Bacardi Jim » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:58 am

See the first adventure game site review of The Arrangement in the Conservatory.
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Fairygdmther
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Fairygdmther » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:43 pm

Congratulations BJ - not only do you have the first review of The Arrangement of all the Adventure Game sites, you have also scooped the gaming websites as well! First review on the net! Woo-hoo! :yay

FGM
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Bacardi Jim » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:48 pm

Kinda weird when you consider I got my copy almost a month later than everybody else. :lol:
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Melia
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby Melia » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:33 pm

Wow! Excellent review...and I don't think I'll be getting it. I just posted on the adventure forum about how much I hated irritating and irrational puzzles. Going back over previously scanned ground in an effort to find something to put in your inventory is pointless and time consuming....and downright maddening. Image
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.
It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :shock:
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:43 pm

The puzzles are also generally fun, if not terribly taxing. They include a trivia quiz, a “Concentration” game, a cryptogram, a put-the-pictures-in-the-right-order puzzle and other standard fare, along with a couple of interesting and original puzzles. None of them will stump the average adventure game player (or even make him sweat), but they are generally well-presented and entertaining. The toughest and most time-consuming puzzle involves matching a series of floor plans to the actual layout of a museum-like room.

This alone will move me to buy it. Finally, some puzzles. I am tired of just story. Give me a good puzzle game anytime. :thumleft:
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:51 pm

I enjoyed the game maker's first game, Harvest, more than a lot of games with "better" graphics and a lot more money behind them. So I will certainly be getting The Arrangement. If it's short, so what. Harvest was short too, but still a lot of fun. I have no doubt I'll get my $19.99 worth. The only thing that would make me not buy it would be a bunch of reviews saying it had horrible technical problems. And obviously it doesn't.

Return to “Review or Rate Games”