Road to India

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.

How would you rate this game on a scale from 1 (low) to 5 (high)?

No votes
22%
33%
44%
No votes

Total votes: 9
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Road to India

Postby Ghostlady » Sat May 24, 2003 7:00 pm

This game takes place in India and you play as Fred, searching for his fiance, Anusha, that has been abducted. You start to have dreams about a secret religious sect of murderers and robbers, called Thugs, who were worshiped the Hindu goddess Kali but were thought to have passed from existence during the middle of the 19th century. Somehow this sect and Anusha are connected.

I actually enjoyed this game very much. It was on the short side and the puzzles were very easy. I liked the storyline, partly because it was so different. I particularly had fun in the jail when you had to walk up and down different levels and not get caught by the guards. And yes, it has a maze, but easy enough to get though.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:02 pm

I enjoyed this game, what there was of it.
It was really too short.

It had some interesting ideas, like having your character accomplish some things in the dreamworld before he could make progress in the real world. There are precedents for this, but it's not often used and always interesting to see. This game had an unusual sort of dreamworld. I wish the game had been longer and more in depth so we could have seen more of the dreamworld and how it connected to the real world.

I also liked how the animals would help you in the game. Who'd have thought a rat could be useful as a guide. It reminded me of the animal spirit guides in Timelapse.

I won't count off for the length because sometimes you want a short game and Road To India wasn't so short that it was TOO short.
Jen
Puffy Moderator

Postby Jen » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:44 am

I paid full price for Road to India when it first came out, and it *was* too short. Other than that, a very nice game.

Return to “Review or Rate Games”