Temujin: A Supernatural Adventure

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.

How would you rate this game on a scale from 1 (low) to 5 (high)?

No votes
No votes
67%
33%
No votes

Total votes: 3
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Temujin: A Supernatural Adventure

Postby Ghostlady » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:44 pm

Temujin is a first-person adventure, that begins in the past, with Genghis Khan's (Temujin) funeral and an evil spirit being trapped inside an artifact. Before you know it, you are in the present, in the Stephenson Museum, trying to solve some mysterious happenings. The game is played out in the museum, which is really neat looking, but by the middle of the game, I was getting pretty tired of going back and forth in the same rooms. There are some pretty good puzzles, and some really dumb and hard puzzles. I especially enjoyed the jigsaw puzzles that you will find in the Gift Shop. This game could be somewhat difficult to play without a walkthrough. The characters were done with real-people video, which is a plus since this mode is still my favorite. All said and done, it was fun and worth playing.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:54 pm

What could have been one of my favorite games was spoiled for me by its terrible navigation.
It was way too easy to pass the doorway you wanted to move to. Sometimes I passed a doorway, turned around, tried unsuccessfully to get through again, turned around, etc. several times before finally being able to get through. You had a choice of skipping an animation and maybe missing the doorway, or sitting through what could be a very long transitional animation and probably getting through the door (unless you happened to doze off during the transitional sequence and missed your chance, which I did once in a while). The game played completely off the CD's, so the transitional sequences could be quite slow.

I gave it a rating of 3 in the poll. But after thinking about it, I really should have given it a 2. The navigation was THAT BAD. If it had been easier to move around the game, I'd have given it a 4.

Return to “Review or Rate Games”