Nancy Drew Review/ Secrets can Kill

Read reviews or write your own, rate a game.
blsbet44
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Nancy Drew Review/ Secrets can Kill

Postby blsbet44 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:55 am

As far as I was concerned, this game was not good at all.
The graphics were cartoonish. They don't look real at all.
The story line is pretty good but the ending is hard to figure out for the younger kids
There is a glitch in the game. If you don't answer the question correctly then you are STUCK if you haven't saved the game.

There is alot of useless activity and the 2 cds tried my patience :sad:
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:23 am

The game is horrible. Fortunately, I didn't hit the glitch. It seemed like a lot of useless travelling back and forth to read notes and click on pictures. I almost never played another Nancy Drew because of it.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...
unlaura
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby unlaura » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:24 am

I wholeheartedy agree, it was awful. Fortunately it was not the first ND game I played so I wasn't turned off to the others as I'm sure some people were who played it first.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:10 pm

I played Secrets Can Kill and hated it, it has turned me off the ND games, though I still have a pile of them to play. The constant cd changing was awful and I had a hard time finding the right place to click when loading, saving and even quitting the game.
Fairygdmther
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Fairygdmther » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:17 pm

I've only played Secrets Can Kill, Final Scene, and Stay Tuned for Danger, and frankly I'm not impressed with any of them. The puzzles aren't bad, but the rest seemed really hokey to me.

FGM
blsbet44
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby blsbet44 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:29 pm

I actually liked them except for Secrets Can Kill.
They got better just after The Final Scene.
Secret of the Scarlet hand was very hard for me.
I got them because my daughter wasn't too crazy about the graphics of the other games and I didn't want her involved in shoot-em-up games

Now I am on a new, more challenging adventure
I have played Mystery of the Mummy and I liked it.
I am looking foward to playing Syberia and its sequel.

I am checking out the glitches and any other problems that a few other games have. I am not PC savvy so I just want to be careful and am learning the jargon :study: :type:

I must admit that I am having lots of fun in the meantime meeting people . I never knew how extensive this genre was :party:

I am just waiting for the dust to settle a few things here at home
warmbear
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby warmbear » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:04 pm

Fairygdmther wrote:I've only played Secrets Can Kill, Final Scene, and Stay Tuned for Danger, and frankly I'm not impressed with any of them. The puzzles aren't bad, but the rest seemed really hokey to me.

FGM

I have not played any of this series, as by their very nature, they seemed to really be appropriate for girls 10-16 years old, and that is great, girls need games that they can play, but they are simply not for me... :)
blsbet44
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby blsbet44 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:32 pm

actually warmbear, I know some 20, 30, etc somethings that have played the games and found them quite fun

some were actually men! :D
unlaura
Resident Ghost
Resident Ghost

Postby unlaura » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:37 pm

They can be a little hokey, but I find playing them in between tougher games is a nice break. Don't write them off completely because, while the subject matter is usually light, they can be enjoyable. I suggest Treasure in the Royal Tower, Secret of the Scarlet Hand, and Message in a Haunted Mansion. Danger on Deception Island wasn't bad either. Avoid Secrets Can Kill and the Haunted Carousel.
Melia
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Aquarius

Postby Melia » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:13 am

Actually, I was a Nancy Drew fan in my youth, so I decided to try the games....ALL of them. Secrets Can Kill was a dissapointment, but Deception Island was interesting because of the stuff I got to learn - morse code, maritime flag stuff....not that I'll ever remember these things. It was nice to expand my knowledge base just in order to play the game. (Oh, and short hand in Haunted Carousel.)
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.
It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :shock:

Return to “Review or Rate Games”