Lets have some fun with a poll

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.

How many hours of sleep do you normally get?

9 or more
7%
20%
33%
27%
5 or less
13%

Total votes: 15
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Lets have some fun with a poll

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm with Diat. I like a dark room and quiet. If I'm going to sleep in, I use the silcone earplugs so the school buses and garbage trucks don't wake me up. I do have a nightlight in the bathroom so I don't trip over the porcelain when I'm in a hurry. Zork, is perfectly fine on his bed in the living room, and Radar sleeps in my sister's room, mostly in her own bed unless she feels like cuddling.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:37 pm

For me, it's dark (night light in the bathroom) and cold. I have a terrible time sleeping in a warm room - in fact the colder, the better. I think it comes from growing up with my bedroom in our old farmhouse in NW Iowa with no heat. I would quite literally have ice on a glass of water in the morning! Of course, mom put flannel sheets on the bed and I had tons of quilts and blankets.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I like having my window open for at least the first part of the night.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Even when it's below zero, our windows are open just a crack!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
SilvaShado
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby SilvaShado » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep total. My health is poor. I have sleep apnea (I have a cpap machine to help), chronic back pain (which is made worse when immobile) and poor circulation in my legs (which causes my feet and calves to cramp and/or fall asleep). All of which adds up to a lot of difficulty sleeping.

I need it to be warm, or my back locks up. But if it gets too warm, I get uncomfortable and can't stand the cpap mask on my face.

Needless to say I haven't had a good night's sleep in years and I'm always tired. But I keep trying to find ways to make my situation better. So I remain hopeful that it will improve someday.
You can find me on Twitter @EuroGamerGirl.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Ah, SilvaShado, that sounds like "pile-on" of issues to thwart a good night's sleep. My husband has had 3 back surgeries and also has chronic back pain. He has managed to keep the worst of it at bay for the last 14 years with a strict regimen of exercises he does every morning without fail. But he still must rely on ibuprofin and muscle relaxers some nights. But he also like a good cold room for sleeping!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:23 am

When I can't sleep I take Melatonine. I'm like everyone else, I'm up 2 or 3 times going to the bathroom too. The perils of getting old I guess :santa:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”