Lets have some fun with a poll

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.

How many hours of sleep do you normally get?

9 or more
7%
20%
33%
27%
5 or less
13%

Total votes: 15
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Lets have some fun with a poll

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm with Diat. I like a dark room and quiet. If I'm going to sleep in, I use the silcone earplugs so the school buses and garbage trucks don't wake me up. I do have a nightlight in the bathroom so I don't trip over the porcelain when I'm in a hurry. Zork, is perfectly fine on his bed in the living room, and Radar sleeps in my sister's room, mostly in her own bed unless she feels like cuddling.
I'm usually a bit flaky in the winter.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:37 pm

For me, it's dark (night light in the bathroom) and cold. I have a terrible time sleeping in a warm room - in fact the colder, the better. I think it comes from growing up with my bedroom in our old farmhouse in NW Iowa with no heat. I would quite literally have ice on a glass of water in the morning! Of course, mom put flannel sheets on the bed and I had tons of quilts and blankets.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I like having my window open for at least the first part of the night.
I'm usually a bit flaky in the winter.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Even when it's below zero, our windows are open just a crack!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
SilvaShado
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby SilvaShado » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep total. My health is poor. I have sleep apnea (I have a cpap machine to help), chronic back pain (which is made worse when immobile) and poor circulation in my legs (which causes my feet and calves to cramp and/or fall asleep). All of which adds up to a lot of difficulty sleeping.

I need it to be warm, or my back locks up. But if it gets too warm, I get uncomfortable and can't stand the cpap mask on my face.

Needless to say I haven't had a good night's sleep in years and I'm always tired. But I keep trying to find ways to make my situation better. So I remain hopeful that it will improve someday.
You can find me on Twitter @EuroGamerGirl.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Ah, SilvaShado, that sounds like "pile-on" of issues to thwart a good night's sleep. My husband has had 3 back surgeries and also has chronic back pain. He has managed to keep the worst of it at bay for the last 14 years with a strict regimen of exercises he does every morning without fail. But he still must rely on ibuprofin and muscle relaxers some nights. But he also like a good cold room for sleeping!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:23 am

When I can't sleep I take Melatonine. I'm like everyone else, I'm up 2 or 3 times going to the bathroom too. The perils of getting old I guess :santa:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”