PCs down

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: PCs down

Postby draclvr » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Truth!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
The Black Dahlia
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby The Black Dahlia » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

seems to be a concensus that what one is used to, is the one to stick to and since my speller has two ways to spell concensus or consensus - not sure which is correct. in fact my spelling has gone to pot because arthritis so such in my hands i avoid using the caps key much of the time. that extra stretch gets to be too much.

wish we could spend more money on arthritis research instead of having to put the money on defending/fighting/arguing with people these days :cry: but of course the latter is needed. By the state of the world today, seems we, as a whole, haven't learned much over time about how to get along with people.
When you see old people, don't pass them by. Stop to relate. They're really young people who have just been around a long time.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 am

It should definitely be consensus. Onelook gives 30 definitions for consensus and three for concensus - one of those three redirects straight to consensus and the other two define it as "Concensus, noun: Common misspelling of consensus"
Of course I've now looked at both versions enough times that neither looks right any more :)
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:35 am

I think that made my brain hurt, Phlebas!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
The Black Dahlia
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby The Black Dahlia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:19 am

oh me too now! think i will just avoid using the word and use a bunch of words to describe the situation.
When you see old people, don't pass them by. Stop to relate. They're really young people who have just been around a long time.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”