9/11/2001

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

9/11/2001

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Before this day ends, I would like to share these pictures of my friend Connie and her dog Dutch who worked the World Trade Center debris for weeks searching for the living and the dead. I include myself in this category... what have YOU done for YOUR country today, be it Canada, the US, England, Australia or anywhere else on the planet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: 9/11/2001

Postby Diat60 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 pm

I have no words. Connie and Dutch did a wonderful job and I can only hope they had no long lasting effects. Sadly, it seems this anniversary is slowly sliding out of mind, there are fewer and fewer mentions every year now where once we would have had full coverage on tv and newspapers. Peoples' memories are so ephemeral.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:26 am

Kudos to Dutch and Connie. That was a sad day indeed, I cried my heart out when those towers came down.

I was so mad last night, the Blue Jays were playing the Yankees at Yankee Stadium when I seen some jerks flashing the Canadian flag. I said to my hubby, I don't like that, they shouldn't be doing that and hubby said I don't like it either any time but especially today. Some people just don't get it or else they're too stupid. If they wanted to flash a flag it should have been an American flag. We should be damn glad to have such wonderful neighbors I know I am.

For anyone who lost loved ones during that tragedy our humble condolences, let's NOT forget :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:11 am

I, too, was totally surprised that there was hardly any coverage of this very sad occasion. I sat and pondered that terrible day on Friday, and I will never ever forget the images I saw on tv that day.

Well done, Dutch and Connie and all the other brave souls out there who were involved in the rescue and aftermath.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:19 am

My impression was that they avoided a lot of huge publicity because of potential terrorist plots. They stopped one plot and arrested a guy who was providing assistance in bombing a memorial in my state of Missouri. In Kansas City, they have a memorial to the 343 firefighters killed that day. There are always 343 participants and they climb 110 floors. It's called the Kansas City 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb. They arrested this guy in Florida who was providing bomb making assistance to an informer. The terrorist wanted to bomb the Memorial during the stair climb.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:26 am

Oh my goodness - What a world we now live in.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:14 pm

The New York news covered it pretty thoroughly. Many people held vigil at the memorial near the new tower.

Those pictures of your friend and her dog are so touching, Drac. I always think of a teacher friend of mine whose twin sister's husband died that day. He was in his office a few stories above where one of the planes hit. They lived nearby, and he called home to say he was going to try to get out and that he'd call her as soon as he could. When they were evacuating her apt. building to check for damage, she didn't want to leave because she was waiting to hear from him.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:20 pm

How very sad, LadyK. My step son-in-law was in the Deutsche Bank building in the WTC complex and saw it all. He couldn't contact anyone and he had to walk home across one of the bridges. We didn't know he was OK until about 3:00 that afternoon.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:15 am

MSNBC had coverage. They rebroadcast the Today show from that date, which switched to cover the events when they realized what was going on. I admit I had to turn it off. It was so tough watching it and reliving that horrible day. I think now the focus is on the bravery of the first responders as opposed to the terrorists. Yesterday's tribute by the Pope was really well done.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”