It's me - I am back!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

It's me - I am back!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:54 am

Just popping in to say Hi - It's been a while - and I see that I have lots of posts to catch up on lol!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: It's me - I am back!

Postby Diat60 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:26 am

Glad to see you. Had an interesting summer?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:35 pm

NOW all is right with the world! Rosaboobie's back!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 am

Interesting, Diat? That is one way of describing it lol! :wink: I am afraid it was the dreaded depresssion that struck once again, but hey I am back to normal now, or as normal as I can be lol! :roll:

It is going to take me a long time to read through all the posts I have missed and just now I am actively working almost full time on trying to get my Facebook South African friend, Barbara, from S.A. to Sanday. She is in a very difficult situation in S.A. where she was born there 59 years ago and has always lived there - she is trying to sell her house and business to a very limited audience there - rather like the situation I was in in Kenya when I wanted to leave. I did find her an appropriate house here but because of buyers messing her around, that one has now been sold, and after going around so many properties on Sanday, I have now managed to find another place for her to buy, BUT it all depends on the buyer coming good with the purchase funds during the coming week.

If Barbara ever does get to Sanday, I think it will be the boost I need and for sure it will change my life. My friend of 3 years here has let me down so badly in the last few months that I finally decided to part company with her about 6 weeks ago - and I have to say she was becoming a real pest in my life, phoning me many many times a day and when I did not answer the phone, she would come around to my house, sometimes as much as 6 times a day. This is an awful thing to say but in the end I was hiding behind the curtains from her lol. So it is actually with relief that she is now out of my life forever.

And that in short has been my Summer - I think Summer bypassed Sanday this year - it only lasted about 5 days ha ha!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 am

I have to say I am glad you removed that individual from your life. She seemed to be toxic to a friendship and exhausting to be around! Now you can have the Christmas Day YOU plan and not hers! I remember last year when you longed for your traditional day to yourself and your puppies and she intruded on your plans anyway.

I've also wondered how Barbara was doing in selling her property in SA. She seems to be the nicest person and I can always see why you two hit it off so well - two peas in a pod as we say!

I have Kettletoft in my Weather app and I check your weather often - I didn't see any sign of summer at all!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:30 am

No, no Summer to speak of and now the days are getting shorter already. We have had sunny days but with the wind, it takes the temperature right down. But I still prefer this climate to Kenya - and this Winter I will be snug and warm with my new central heating system. 9 Radiators all around the house - Absolute bliss :D
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:18 pm

To think ALL your rooms will be warm!! Bliss indeed.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Welcome back. :)
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey, RB! I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time of it, but I'm glad to see you back.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:04 am

Glad you are back RB! :)
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Great to have you around again RB! No hiding behind the curtains necessary here.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:42 am

Welcome back Boobie - good to see you!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:33 am

It's wonderful to see you and hope you are feeling much better. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm hoping now that the cooler weather is here that more of our friends show up on a regular basis, herself here included. Welcome back :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Thank you, folks, for all your kind thoughts :cool:
Boobie
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:05 am

Well, its been yet another 3 weeks fraught with stress as regards my friend Barbara's sale of her house and business, but at long last the deal has gone through, and she hopes to be on Sanday by the middle of January. All we have to do now is get her flights booked for her, her husband and the 3 labrador retrievers. We received a quote for the dogs yesterday for £4,000, I kid you not! Oh and we have to also complete on the purchase of her house here, which house is very close to me, as the crow flies. This has all been ongoing since August and all 3 of us have ended up ill over all this stress, but hopefully all that is behind us now. Now I have to get the house ready for her arrival - we still have to find her something to sit on in the lounge as well as find some kitchen appliances etc. - and unfortunately the central heating has not been run for years, so I have to sort that out also as she will be arriving in the depths of our Winter from her African Summer!
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”