It's me - I am back!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: It's me - I am back!

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:44 am

Well, we were about to send out a search party! I knew you were running around trying to get this move orchestrated for Barbara and figured that was what was keeping you busy. Sounds like you still have your hands full!

Which house did she buy? I LOVE looking at the real estate listings on Sanday and "walking" around the island with Google Earth. I remember I found your cottage, but could only see the roof from the road.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:16 am

I know - I really am sorry for my absence here but yes I have been fully occupied with Barbara.

She is buying East Thrave Cottage - not to be confused with the neighbouring property, East Thrave :cool:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:18 am

She will definitely have a rude awakening arriving in January. I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you and her.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Hope it all goes well RB! She is certainly moving from a very hot area of SA - she will have to acclimatise pretty rapidly. You don't mention her little girl, but assume she is coming along too? :) Husband and dogs but surely someone is left out of the party? :) She must be devastated to leave behind the horses.
Hang in there and thanks for giving all the help you so obviously have. A good friend.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:56 am

Yes, LadyK, they will be arriving in the depths of our Winter - We 3 arrived here in April, and even at that late stage of the Winter, we could not believe just how cold it was - and as Val says, she now lives in a very very hot part of SA.

Val, that is her granddaughter that you have seen photos of. Unfortunately her 2 daughers have seen fit to estrange themselves from Barbara, so she has not even seen her grandchildren for 2 years or more. She has found new homes for her horses and 1 cow, and all the cats are staying on at the house with the new owners.

We are having great difficulty in finding a competent and reliable pet travel agency in South Africa - They have to know what they are doing because, one little error in the paperwork means the dogs will be sent back to SA!
Boobie
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 am

Unfortunately she is not that near one of the main centres, which may be the reason. Am sure you have all done sufficient research but if you need my help, please let me know. Someone in Johannesburg would be close to them but will try. Have looked online and there are quite a few, including one which has 62 years experience. Global Paws - apparently they collect from any destination and deliver to any destination. Maybe a help?
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:39 am

Relieved to see you posting again, I was beginning to fret just a little. What about the firm that handled your dogs' move? They didn't seem to do such a bad job.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:42 am

Thank you Val - Yes I too came across Global Paws today and saw it was established in 1966 - We have now suddenly realised that we should only be looking at pet agencies located in Cape Town as this is their point of departure.

Diat, I was so stressed at that time that for the life of me I cant remember what agency dealt with my dogs - and yes they did do a good job, considering my dogs were the very first to be exported from Kenya after quarantine was lifted.
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”