Amazon Prime

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Amazon Prime

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm thinking about signing up for Amazon Prime but would like some feedback first. Does anyone else here use it? If so, what do you think of it?
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Amazon Prime

Postby Kickaha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I'll be interested too in any feedback! Netflix doesn't have that many films we're interested, at least in the UK.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't have it, but, my daughter and son have it and they love it. My daughter especially loves it as she gets a lot of her grocery items from it too. Like dog food, laundry soap and stuff. My son basically uses the prime for movies but for other stuff too. They keep trying to get me to sign up too but if I really need something, it is usually free shipping as it is more expensive. For what it is worth, everyone that I know that has it, loves it!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 pm

I dearly, dearly love it. With free 2 day shipping, what's not to like! You do have to watch prices as sometimes they are significantly higher for the Prime items, but that doesn't happen very often. I've even started ordering my electronics from there instead of Newegg just for the free 2 day shipping. When I compare prices between the two website, there is little to no difference. Amazon now has a contract with the USPS to deliver packages on Sunday too.

They have thousands and thousands of free movies to stream. And just a few months ago, they added free radio. I really like that.

If you buy an Amazon Fire Stick or an Amazon Fire TV, you can stream all that content and more to your TV too.

I couldn't live without my Amazon Prime!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
RCB
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RCB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:49 pm

I don't know how often they run these promos but new members can take advantage of this DEAL this upcoming Friday. I've thought about this service some, but don't think it would really pay off for me. Due to changes in local tax laws, I only do a small fraction of the business I once did with amazon with said business redirected towards new-egg and local retailers. No one can complain about 2 day shipping but on the other hand free five day shipping was never much of an issue on my part. The entertainment value would seem to be the biggest concern and of course the biggest variable depending on each individual and their circumstances. Between a free streaming service and a shared net-flix account I seem to be all set for the time being.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 pm

As far as I can make out, Prime only offer the free shipping and cloud option in Canada. I read somewhere that they simply weren't interested in extending movies, etc. into Canada. So I'd have to order frequently to make the annual premium pay off. Not for me.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”