Why do they like it so loud?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Why do they like it so loud?

Postby Kickaha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Recently I went to a 50th birthday party, held in a single small party room. That was fine, what wasn't fine was that they had a loud disco so loud I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. I'm not into disco dancing, I was just hoping for some pleasant conversation, but I felt rather let down.

(In passing my wife did the cake - it's the last one on http://www.alofmethbin.com/Articles/Cakes/index.html.)
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Why do they like it so loud?

Postby draclvr » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Holy cow! That cake is simple amazing!

I'm with you on the thumping loud music. I personally love it when I'm at a concert or some venue where that's the reason I went there - bring it on loud and with lots of bass! But at something like this? NO! When I go to an event where I want to interact with my friends and family, that is not the place for it. Sounds awful to me.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:44 pm

What an amazing cake! Your wife is very talented. Curious what the little man in the foreground with the settee means? I can get the plane, sports car and blonde, but he has me puzzled.

In regards to noise, I just got back from a week in Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida with my family. It was my first visit and I loved many of the attractions (The Space Ride and Harry Potter) but absolutely hated the noise. It wasn't just the crowds but the constant Christmas music and the extremely loud p.a. system on every ride. Sometimes I just wanted to scream "Shut UP!!!" which of course would only have added to the cacaphony.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:25 am

The cake was inspired by James Bond themed cakes that Virginia found on the web - some were really amazing designs! The settee is meant to be a boat!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:58 am

Oops. Well it looks like a comfortable boat!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:46 am

I love Virginia's cakes! My great uncle used to make specialty cakes and did one for us when I married Dave. The trouble with fun ones like that is everyone hates to mess them up by eating them.

Your story about too loud music made me laugh, Kickaha. My brother's first wedding was held in a small fire house with two rooms. He had his band buddies come in. As soon as they began to play, everyone over 30 stood up and moved to the other room. It was just too much for such a small space.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:33 pm

Lovely cake Virginia!! Well done! Am with you with loud music at social occasions. When you have to shout in the ear of the person next to you to be heard and forget about even trying to communicate with the folk opposite!!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”