Holiday Spirit

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Holiday Spirit

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:21 am

I was feeling a bit glum yesterday. I got awakened by a computer call singing Happy Birthday to my late husband. It was from our local car dealership. I intend to write a letter to the manager, but in the meantime, it really made me angry and sad. I decided to buy a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream, my traditional tree-trimming libation, and start decorating the house. I'm keeping it simple but festive, and it's helping.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Holiday Spirit

Postby Diat60 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Hard time for you, LadyK. However, the forum looks very festive and I'm sure your house will look equally merry. Post pics?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Oh, how horribly awful. And first thing in the morning... They should absolutely be made aware of how insensitive this was.

I haven't done a single thing here yet. Had some big projects to get out of the way with the last one being catering breakfast for 30 people at Longmeadow Rescue Ranch this morning. Then my mom is not doing well at all and I fully expect to be making a 600 mile trip up to NW Iowa before Christmas for another funeral. My sister's husband passed away this summer. It's just hard to get into any kind of holiday mood. I guess melancholy describes my mood lately. Good thing I've been so crazy busy!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:03 am

My deepest sympathy to your sister and her family, Drac, and I'm sorry to hear about your mom's poor health. I hope she springs back and is okay for a while longer.

Well, I got side-tracked with company and then a craft project I have to finish, so I got very little decorating done yesterday after all. The contractor also stopped by to give me an estimate on replacing the two exterior doors of the house.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Good you're staying busy Lady Kestrel! Like the signature.

I echo your sentiments to Draclvr who I hope doesn't have to make that 600 mile trip just yet.

Thanks for the change in forum decor!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:57 am

LadyK and Drac, I understand the feeling of melancholy that can accompany a holiday in the absence of those we love. It's good that you are choosing to be festive through the decorations, the serving others, and the Baileys doesn't hurt either. :)
I pray that you both will be seeing better days and that the true spirit of the holidays will embrace you and fill your hearts with joy.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Thank you, JK. A day of Christmas cookie baking with my 9 year-old granddaughter yesterday definitely cheered me up!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:12 am

Sorry that the holidays are feeling hard for some... hoping that you're feeling cheerier soon!
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”