Christmas Dinner

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Christmas Dinner

Postby JKEerie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:25 am

Fiesta cheese is generally just a Mexican blend that is sold in the shredded cheese section, Diat. It's actually usually labeled Mexican blend.

Drac, since the woman that posted that recipe is the wife of a deployed service man, it would be perfect for the American Legion!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:31 am

We are having our usual summer Christmas lunch out by the pool. Cold roast beef, cold roast rolled pork, cold roast leg of lamb with salads (many) and followed by ice cream and chocolates. All washed down with Poinsettia cocktails! Crackers at the table of course. :)
Merry Christmas manorites!!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:16 am

Sounds wonderful, Val! There aren't many of us Manorites left any more. I wonder where everyone went!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:26 am

Yes Drac I noticed. What a shame! We need chattier members than I am, I guess. :( I joined Adventure Gamers just to check out Lady K's competition and noticed that things are pretty quiet there too. What has happened to RB? She used to always find time to chat to us and cause much merriment and discussion? Miss her input.
We are all getting older, I guess, and the youngsters among us have their young lives to live. Nice to see JK back among the flock! :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:41 am

RB still drops in now and then. She is doing fine, but has some issues going on that are not very pleasant right now. She is probably on Facebook more than any place. She did ask me there about getting her computer upgraded to Windows 10 and it went perfectly for her.

What I notice is than no one seems to be doing much gaming any more. There doesn't seem to be much interest in new games coming up or even older games. I fear hidden object casual gaming has taken over... I enjoy one now and then, but they bore me to tears after awhile.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:50 am

Agree with you - there is a neverending supply of casual HO adventure games but very little of great adventure puzzle games. Still they keep me busy and I still enjoy most of them. There is still quite a lot of your Role Playing games, aren't there? Am afraid I am not into violent, timing games. Not that the eerie or violence upsets me (there are more than enough in the casual games) but I am hopeless with fighting type games. I find them far too stressful which is why, I suppose, the casual hidden objects suit me. But believe me I keep my eyes open for the longer more satisfying games. And there are rumours of more than one coming up next year. Will hold thumbs with bated breath!! :)
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 am

There are many new adventure games that came out this year, and a bunch of Kickstarters that should be ready in the new year. I'm looking forward to Asylum, Obduction, Samorost 3, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet, Her Majesty's Spiffing, and a bunch of others.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:43 am

Oh, definitely a LOT of new excellent adventure games are on their way. The two I'm most looking forward to are Asylum, Samorost 3, Goetia and A Rite From the Stars. I just finished the newish game Soma from the people who make the Penumbra games. I haven't played one in a long time where I hated to see it end!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:09 pm

I am having chicken curry for Christmas Dinner - this is the first Christmas in my entire life I have not shopped for Christmas groceries and the first time I wont be cooking a traditional dinner.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”