DO NOT USE A WIRE BRUSH!!!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

DO NOT USE A WIRE BRUSH!!!

Postby Winfrey » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:49 am

I am posting this so as many people can become aware of the dangers of using a wire brush. I grilled Thursday... after one bite I felt something in my throat. We went to the ER ... they took CT Scan saw a wire but did not have the tools required so transferred me to Maury.... Maury looked at the CT and took me to surgery.... came back to Carol and said they could not see it.. to go home... come back to see him in 2 weeks or if I had more issues to go to Vanderbilt... Went home only to go to Vanderbilt the next morning as I could feel it with my finger.... got to Vanderbilt 10am.... they were furious that Maury did not transfer me there saying they could not see it.. the CT showed it and I felt it... what was wrong with them!! 10am admitted... around 2pm they tried to go thru my nose with a camera and try to reach it bu pulling out and twisting my tongue... gave up after about an hour!!!!! Went to surgery 6pm.. they went in and were able to pull out the wire... it was at least a half inch long. Not all hospitals have the tools and ability to go after this kind of issue.
Please don't take a chance of this happening... if you use a wire brush please wipe it down first with a wet paper towel before cooking!!! I will never use a wire brush again!!!!!
:evil: :sad:
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: DO NOT USE A WIRE BRUSH!!!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:57 am

Oh my goodness - I have been following this unfortunate accident on Facebook - what a very traumatic time you have been through, Winfrey. Had it gone down into your system, it could have had even more drastic repercussions. I am just glad you are back home safe and well after your ordeal.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:10 am

I too have been following this horrible thing on Facebook. So glad you are home safe and sound - what an ordeal.

To add to this, Winfrey said the doctors told her they see this WAY more than you think.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:16 am

That is very bizzare occurence, Winfrey, and not something I'd ever imagine happening. I'm so glad you finally got the wire removed and are okay.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks, to my surprise I am so sore not only my throat but my body... my core is so sore I can hardly move Carol had to pull me out of bed......made it to the couch.....Carol made me scrambled eggs... off to see if I can eat...
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Stella » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:29 am

That is just awful! And to think stores actually sell wire brushes for the purpose of cleaning grills!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

Prescription strength ibuprofin will help the body soreness... 800 mg.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:11 am

Hoping you feel better soon, Winfrey...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”