East Thrave Cottage

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

East Thrave Cottage

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:22 am

This is the cottage that I was "forced" to purchase - it comes with about 1.5 acres of land, a 40 ft Nissen Hut, and 2 very friendly cats! I have employed my neighbours to clear the rooms and attic of all rubbish etc, so it does not look this untidy now!

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/t ... napfishuk/
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: East Thrave Cottage

Postby mbday630 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:02 am

That looks very cozy! I hope you sell it fast.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:06 am

It's a lovely house, Rosa. If I lived there, I'd be tempted to buy it myself! What's happening to the cats?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:27 am

The cats have lived outside on their own for years, Diat, and they are so fat, it's unhealthy for them. But they are not feral - totally tame - so Jo and Jeff, my neighbours who are helping me tidy the place up, we feed the cats between us. I would rather not move them from their habitat, if I can help it.
Boobie
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:33 am

Pity I cannot get into Snapfish RB - would love to see it. But they reckon they already have my email address. How on earth they do, I have no idea because I had never heard of Snapfish until now. So tried to login with a 'forgot password' entry but, up until now, have heard nothing. So a pity. Still the first thumbnail looked interesting! :)
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:43 am

Ok almost as soon as I had posted the last comment, the new password came through! Still have no idea when I registered but guess it must have been for viewing someone's album in the forgotten past! :) Wow RB that place looks amazing and I would be tempted to move in if I could!
Have you considered moving in yourself? But I am sure you have. Don't think it has your views but it surely won't be hard to sell. It is a lovely house. :)
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:48 am

Grrr..... I hate to create an account just to view photos! I remember now why I hate Snapfish! But then I remembered that Rosaboobie has already sent me these pictures via email! It does look like a wonderful inviting house and I certainly hope it sells quickly. I doubt the cats would take to a move very well and it sounds like they are keeping the place nice and free of mice!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I am really sorry about the Snapfish link - I didnt realise you had to create an account to see my Album - just thought the link worked straight to the photos, so sorry about that. I have been a bit busy lately, catching up on long overdue paperwork and other chores, and thought this was the easiest way to show them to you, seeing as they were already on Snapfish.

Val, I did consider moving in for just one moment but I could not live without my beautiful views, now that I have been used to them for almost 4 years. I have never owned a house with a view before now (well, not counting Kenya of course), and everyone on Sanday says my house has one of the best views. And anyway, I have vowed never to move house again :lol:
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:18 pm

I tried to register, but then it directed me to the new Snapfish site and wouldn't take my login info.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Maybe Drac can post a link to the photos I sent her, if and when she has the time?
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:22 pm

I just have them in the email... I will upload them to my OneDrive and post a link later today.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you, thank you. To be honest, I have done literally nothing here in the past few months, which is why I am now up to my eyes in chores and paperwork. This is the first time in months I have spurred myself on to do these long outstanding tasks. I am still actively busy sorting out this darn Office 2010 software, as well as trying to track down my dentist who has done a "runner" with my money and my bridgework - this matter being Part Two of my tales of woe in 2015 LOL which I will share with you in the near future. :roll:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Well, that didn't take long! I love One Drive! See if this link works.

East Thrave Cottage
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:42 pm

I really must get to grips with OneDrive, once I have some spare time.

That 40 ft Nissen hut is where the Sanday residents use to have the local Badminton Hall.

Oh, and I have been reliably informed that the blue Aga, which also runs the central heating, is alone worth around £10,000 to buy new.

I took the new Sanday Ranger around the property on Thursday, along with her fiance, as they are proposing to settle here permanently, but as there are 65 other properties on the market here, I am not getting too excited, although I did tell her that I was very much open to offers. I would rather lose some money on it and have most of my money back, than it lie empty for years and years.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Oh, good. So the link worked OK? It was a gazillion characters long, but there was an option to shorten the link, so I was hoping it worked.

Oh, good heavens, yes to selling at a bit of a loss... just keeping up with the maintenance on an empty house would be horrid.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”