We've Set a Record!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

We've Set a Record!

Postby Diat60 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Ottawa has set a snowfall record today. From the Ottawa Citizen: "Road crews and residents were facing a massive cleanup Wednesday morning after Tuesday’s snowstorm set a one-day record for snowfall in the nation’s capital, approaching 50 centimetres by late evening — with a few flakes still falling." That's 20 inches! We're thankful that we opted for a driveway plowing service, but we still had to shovel out paths for the dogs, they're small and would have disappeared in the soft snow.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: We've Set a Record!

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:59 am

Wow - 20 inches - that is a LOT of snow, Diat.

Did you take any photos, especially of the dogs in the snow?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:06 am

By the time we'd finished shoveling there were bits of ice in the snow coming down, so we just hoofed it for the house. So, sorry, no pics of dogs, etc. However, this is a short video from the Ottawa Citizen taken during the earlier part of the storm: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... d-snowfall. Today is beautiful, sunny and mild.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:07 am

Wow!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:29 am

Wow, thanks for the video, Diat.

I had to drive on icy roads on Monday - Now, that is something I have not done for about 15 years!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
RCB
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RCB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:19 pm

So far this season the most snowfall around here was the ten inches (25.4cm) that fell back on Friday Feb. 5. Since it started out as rain it really stuck to the trees. It's mostly gone now.

Around this time last year we got 30+ in. (76+ cm), I think it was winter storm Marcus. I tried uploading a photo but was informed The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB. :sad:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:50 pm

You can resize your photo using something like the free Irfanview, RCB.

Although I've uploaded files that I know were more than that... Let me try one and see what happens. Yup, it worked. As you can see, the file is 1.79 Mb. I just browsed to the photo and clicked on Add the File. When it was done, I just clicked on Submit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
RCB
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RCB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:47 pm

For some reason it still seems to be enforcing the 256MB rule here. :scratch:
W126.jpg

Last year:
IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network
RCB
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RCB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 pm

These guys must be REALLY hungry to be eating that particular shrub plus letting me get this close.
IMG_1168.JPG
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Snow Tomatoes 004.jpg

I notice that you are placing them "in-line." When you do that, you get the large white space to the right. Well, I tried that and I still don't get the restriction. Maybe it's your ISP??? Strange. It also might have something to do with me being an Admin.

Yeah, that's what you call a LOT of snow! I'm from extreme NW Iowa up by South Dakota and Minnesota and that's the norm for up there!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”