Back Again...

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Back Again...

Postby StarLite » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:24 am

Good morning fellow tenants. I know I'm not around much, sorry about that, so much going on. I'm in a daze about my friend dying and now Betsy.

Been working on Hawk Manor and it's driving me up the wall. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I found something I despise more than coding and that's testing, replaying the same game over and over. I'm so close, everything is done except for the hair pulling testing.

I was thinking of Winfrey this morning and her episode with the wire brush. I hope you are feeling better Win. This morning when I was cleaning my dentures, one of the clasps came off in my hand, very odd since they are steel partials. I'm just glad it didn't happen when I was eating and end up swallowing it. Geez, you just never know what could happen do you. We were hoping to pay our house off in two years, but if all these little pains in the neck keep showing up that's going to be a no go.

If we don't get out of this neighborhood I swear one of these times I'm going to be writing to you from a prison cell. We no sooner got the ones next door under control, now someone else is playing their stereo all night. It's not as loud, but still. I wear ear plugs when I can't stand it. We had to call the police on the next door neighbors, talk about perfect situation, as soon as the police knocked on their door, they thought it was us so they turned it up louder. The policeman said he heard the stereo before he got out of his car.

But that still didn't stop them, so I emailed the city by-law officer and they sent them and us a notice telling them that given the police were involved that any more complaints and the city will take them to court and we don't have to show, the police are our voice. We were told that they could receive up to a $5000.00 fine. The thing that makes me mad is, everything we did for them and the one time I ask them to turn down their stereo, first the son lied then he fessed up and said he'll have his dad turn it down. I'll be so glad to get out in the country for some peace and quiet.

Well folks, I'm off to the denture clinic soon so I have to go get ready. Take care everyone and have a great day :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Back Again...

Postby Diat60 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:54 am

I wondered why we hadn't seen you. Good to have you back again. Sounds like you're really lucky in the neighbour department!

BTW, " I found something I despise more than coding and that's testing, replaying the same game over and over. I'm so close, everything is done except for the hair pulling testing." And you like making computer games because....?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

I can definitely recommend the quiet of country living! When the hummingbirds are in full force, they are VERY loud and noisy outside my window where my computer is. But that is a sound I can deal with!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:30 pm

I feel very sorry for your situation, StarLite - You sound like you have the Neighbours frm Hell.

However, dont think you will get away from this type of anti social behaviour when you move into the country - I am a prime example of this - I also have neighbours from Hell - but thankfullly not so much with their noise but that my property, and especially my conservatory, overlooks what looks like an African shanty town. Mind you, I never saw anything this bad when in Africa! I will take some photos soon to show you what I mean. A photo speaks a thousand words! :roll:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby StarLite » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Nothing like a nice hot cup of tea to make everything seem better. Well I just got back from the denture clinic, there's nothing he can do for that denture, he put it back in and it seems to fit. The clasp that's broke doesn't rub so I'll be alright for awhile. But I do have to get a new set and that's going to cost $2400+ so that means we won't pay the mortgage off when we wanted to. So Green Acres is going to have to wait. I'll see what happens when I start eating, if I can get away with it for another two + years, that's how bad I want out of here.

@Diat, LOL, I know what you mean, I love the writing, making the graphics and voices and the joy the games give people playing them. The pros do out weigh the cons though. Before I go into the next game I will spend a bit of time learning AGS's coding. I actually do love making games, plus I don't have much in the way of hobbies and this gives me a purpose

@Drac, I'd rather listen to birds than the thumping of a stereo. I'm dreading summer because I know it's just going to be noisy here. Maybe I'm just getting old.

OMG Boobie, that would just be the worst nightmare. Scotland is so beautiful too, geez

Funny thing was, we have this neighbor who is what we call a Metalhead (heavy metal music), one night he had it blasting so loud we could hear it in our livingroom, this was 7pm. So hubby went down an asked him to turn it down and he was decent about it, he hasn't had it loud since. The guy next door is pushing 70, you would think he'd have more sense

Well it's almost dinner time so I'm off to do one more message. Take care everyone and keep your earplugs handy :flower:

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:14 pm

StarLite, I find I am much more noise intolerant, the older I get. Thank heaven for double glazing!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby StarLite » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:57 am

I'm getting that way too. Sometimes hubby will tap out a song on the coffee table with his foot and it drives me up the wall. I don't even like listening to my own music loud. I use my mp3 player and put buds in. I love Loreena McKennitt, but I don't like it pounding through my brain. I hate people that say when you complain about noise, "oh you have one of THOSE neighbors" when all the while THEY are one of those neighbors. People, I'll be glad when I get away from them :)

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your noise problem StarLite, that is something I hate. Glad you're persevering with your latest game!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”