What Is Your Kryptonite

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

What Is Your Kryptonite

Postby StarLite » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:00 am

What drives you crazy at the sight or smell of it. Mine is baked goods, cakes, pies, moon pies, billetlogs, lemon tarts. Basically anything baked. Hubby's is potato chips. What's yours :flower:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: What Is Your Kryptonite

Postby Diat60 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:38 am

I'm with you and hubby, but you forgot to mention fried onions!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:43 pm

I guess you are asking what makes me weak at the knees - that I like? I love the smell of soup cooking.

but, if you are asking what I hate and makes me want to puke, it is the smell of cooked cabbage. but, I love the taste of it. If I could just get over that smell!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 am

I cant resist the smell of onions and garlic frying together.

And my "upchuck" moment - a word my Canadian friends taught me - is when I smell peanut butter :shock:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Black raspberry pie is irresistible! Potato chips and french fries are a close second. Peanut butter cups are very close behind! :D

I agree with mbday that the smell of cooked cabbage or almost any sulphur-laden food is sickening, but I also can't stand the taste of most of them. Garlic actually makes me sick. I also find the smell of seafood (especially fish) nauseating, so I can't eat it. Boiled clams and raw oysters can make me sick just watching someone eat them!
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 pm

I agree with you on the raw oysters, clams etc. Gags me to even think about them. However, I dearly love my cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts! I grow about 10 - 20 pounds of garlic every year and we eat lots of it!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:45 pm

It's strange how people have such different tastes. I love peanut butter (and it makes Rosaboobie gag!), and I've found that most people love coffee (and I don't even like the smell!) or tea, and I find them both to be way too bitter unless smothered in cream and/or sugar or honey -- and I still don't like them, although I can then drink them. On the other hand, I drink my lemonade (citron pressé) without any sweeteners at all (extremely sour)!
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:33 am

Food... all food ;)

But the best smell is onions and gsrlic frying... or chicken or sausages frying. Chocolate smells amazing too.

Eggs smell like stinky farts and parmesan cheese is bad too, but I like to eat them.
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:42 am

Onions and garlic frying is heavenly! I agree that eggs smell like stinky farts and I will eat scrambled eggs as long as they are covered will good salsa and some cheese. Our German relatives who visit every summer call parmesan cheese "stinky foot cheese!"

And speaking of smells, I nearly faint with anticipation for the first fresh asparagus in spring. I have a big patch and sauteed up a bunch for lunch yesterday. I always forget how it makes your pee smell like something died! Must look up why that happens.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Uuh Drac, how did part of your post after mine, end up in mine? I was reading it going I don't remember talking about asparagus? And we call parmesan stinky feet too, but I figured I'd already mentioned farts so I'd better not be too gross ;)
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:05 pm

I have no idea, Diat. I was having problems with my post popping up in more than one strange place! I thought I had deleted them all, but obviously not! One of those PC fleeting PC possessions.

All fixed now!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun May 01, 2016 5:18 am

Yes, I saw this duplicated posting and just thought it was me having yet another senior moment of confusion :roll:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun May 01, 2016 9:00 am

Normally that would be the case, Rosaboobie! But this time this posting popped up in three different places even though I only posted it once!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”