Can my week get any better?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Can my week get any better?

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:54 am

What a week this has been - first, selling the cottage.

Next, Dean, my friend and handyman, has managed to work for me the entire week, frantically finishing off my long list of odd jobs, before he leaves the Island.

Then yesterday, another odd job man pointed all my roof ridge tiles for me, as the elements had left huge gaps between the ridge tiles and the roof slates. At the same time he noticed that my flat roof on the porch had a problem, so he replaced the ruberoid for me and now the rain does not come into the porch!

And last but not least, I have managed to persuade the best painter and decorator on Sanday to come and redecorate my whole house within the next month or so. And I am not sure if I ever mentioned that I wanted a sunroom built onto the back of the property - but we have also resurrected that building project again.

I am one very happy bunny :D :D :D
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Can my week get any better?

Postby Diat60 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 am

So, basically, you're happiest when living in the middle of a building project. We remember Kenya and the works there!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:22 am

You took the words out of my mouth, Diat!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:54 am

It's nice to get problems resolved, isn't it, RB! I have a bunch of house projects that I'm finally getting finished, and I'm going to hire a home inspector to check all my systems, especially in the crawl space and attic, to see if repairs or upgrades are needed.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Listen, you have to realise just how frustrating and difficult it is to get any sort of tradesmen to do jobs for you here on Sanday - that is why I am so ecstatic - because so many jobs have been done in just one week. And as for the decorating, I have been waiting almost 4 years for this to be done. I am sick to death of looking at bright yellow walls everywhere . Yes folks, next month is my 4th anniversary of when I moved here. Time flies when you're having fun ha ha.

Looking back, I cant believe I managed to survive for one whole year living in the middle of a building site in Kenya. And then once that year was up, I looked around me and decided to sell up and move away. :roll:
Boobie
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:31 pm

FOUR YEARS? I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you've been there for 4 years!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 pm

I arrived here on Good Friday, 6th April 2012, Drac :cool:
Boobie
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Boy, that certainly doesn't make me feel any younger! Amazing how fast the years go by now. Funny, Rosa says she can't wait to get rid of the yellow walls - guess what color we had our painted last year?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Diat - each to their own choice - If we all liked the same things, it would make for a very boring world. You probably wont like the colours I have chosen for my new colour schemes, but hey, we all have such varied tastes.
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:44 pm

What colors have you chosen, RB? Most of the colors in my house are light, simply because most of my rooms are small. My great room and one of the bedrooms are different shades of yellow, which is my favorite color, but I also have blue (dining room, main hall & library), peach (my bedroom), pink (my sister's room), and blue-green (small hallway by kitchen). My kitchen has a wallpaper with blue-green and beige stripes with native American-looking shapes in between in complimentary colors. My favorite room color, however, was in my mom's original living room. It was a clear red wallpaper with a small diamond pattern design, which really popped with white trim. It was especially lovely at Christmas time.
There's no such thing as too many books!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”