The Black Dahlia Health Issues

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

The Black Dahlia Health Issues

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 am

Rosaboobie suggested a great idea to me this morning. One of our members, The Black Dahlia, has been having a rough go of it with her health the last several months. She hasn't posted in some time because of it. She may be in her ninth decade, but is still a curious and feisty individual. Right now she is dealing with a bout of pneumonia and trying to stay positive while remaining in her home to care for her precious two birds who have been her companions for over 20 years.

I want to wish her good health to return so she can visit us here at the Manor more often.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: The Black Dahlia Health Issues

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:09 pm

BD is my very dear friend -and so very close to my heart - more than once I have told her I wish she was my Mom.

She really is having a very tough time health-wise lately.

I just wish I didnt live half way across the world - I would love to be there by her side.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Black Dahlia, I hope you get better soon and can come and visit us here soon!

What great friends you both are for worrying about your friend. We all need to take care of each other.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:28 pm

I had noticed that Black Dahlia hadn't been around for some time and wondered how she was. Hope she's back to good health and posting soon.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Rosaboobie and I are hoping that she is in the hospital tonight. I thought she should have been admitted 2 weeks ago.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:48 am

The best place for her but I fear we may have now lost contact with her while she is in hospital :cry:
Boobie
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:21 am

We miss you. so you better get well soon! :flower:
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Well, although she went to the ER, they did not admit her. I don't know what happened, but I take it, it was NOT a pleasant experience.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Sorry to read this.. hope you feel better soon The Black Dahlia.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:35 am

I am sorry to say this, but I do not like your health system. Had an elderly lady suffering with a touch of pneumonia been seen in the UK, she would now be admitted to Hospital where she belongs.

I am very very worried for BD - home alone with nobody to take care of her, although a visiting nurse was arranged last week, but I dont know if these visits are still in place.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:34 am

And I am equally horrified by the care that BD is "not" receiving. Where I live a 91 year old woman with a preexisting lung condition and a so-called "touch of pneumonia" who is quite obviously in poor health in general would have been admitted at a minimum for 24 hours of observation to make sure she wasn't dehydrated and her lungs were clear. I have noticed this for a couple of years with her now - what is it about California!? I told her I needed a linking Myst book so I could transport out there any time she needs help.

I don't know about the visiting nurse... I don't think it's happened yet. As far as I know she still has no food in the house either.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:53 am

I've been dealing with my 88 year old mother-in-law, so just a thought here. Maybe the medical powers to be, are trying to force her into a Nursing Home?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Without question she needs to be somewhere such as assisted living or near family where she can receive some support, but I'm simply shocked at the lack of coordination in her care. The medical powers that be out there don't have their act together enough to be that coordinated or caring. Her son is working to get her moved out east to where he lives and this just needs to happen sooner rather than later.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:48 pm

That's what she needs, Drac, to be close to family and someone who can advocate for her health needs. That is why so many elderly fall through the cracks. They cannot speak up for themselves and don't have anyone speaking for them. I retired early so that I could move back home and take care of my then, 87 year old Mom. I bought a home and moved her in with me. She's now 89 years old and though she's not as mobile as she used to be and the care giving is a bit more demanding, she's still doing better. I take Mom to her doctor visits and go into the treatment rooms with her. Although the docs take great care in trying to explain to Mom what is going on and what she needs, it is obvious she doesn't understand. I can only imagine what poor BD must be going through.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:14 pm

I didnt want to mention the fact that Donna has had no food in the house for some days now, because I thought it would upset you all, but now that Drac has mentioned it, even a 100% fit person should not have to cope with having no food in the house, especially not someone of her age. And poor BD, the first day this pneumonia was diagnosed, the pharmacy did not have the antibiotics that were prescribed for her, so she had to wait yet another day for the meds and she also had to go out again on her own in her car to collect them. My goodness, the elderly who need care in their own homes are treated like Royalty here, compared to what BD is having to go through. The ED she attended should be reported to the Authorities for negligence IMO!
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”