New car

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

New car

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Well, new to me lol. I decided to buy another Daihatsu Terios, just like the one I had the 10 years I was in Kenya. She was shipped from Jersey to Kenya, and I now regret leaving her behind in Mombasa as you can no longer buy new Daihatsus in Europe. I have bought this car purely from photos, and I just hope it is as good as my first Terios. She is being shipped about 500 miles by car transporter, and loaded onto the Aberdeen to Orkney ferry early next week. She is a 2008 registration but has very low mileage - I just love these little 4x4s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Re: New car

Postby mbday630 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm so happy! Like you were told, "spend, spend, spend" and a new/different car sounds fun. I am thinking of spending too. we have this little 1 inch tall cheap baseboards all through our house and I called someone to put in new baseboards and new doors. this house hasn't had much of a makeover for many many years and this is really needed. Then, if we have money left over, I think I am going to get new carpeting. This carpeting is like 20 years old and after watching my son's labrador a couple weeks ago and having it poop all over my house, I think I am in need of that too. sometimes it just feels good to get something new.

I looked at pictures of your new car and it looks really nice. Room for the dogs if you want to take them with you too!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Oh yes, the dogs are well used to this car.

Well I am like you, mbday, I am having the whole house redecorated and I am not being pessimistic or morbid, but I reckon its the last time I can be bothered to give this cottage a face life, so I want a really good job done this time.

This is how my lounge looks at the moment - waiting patiently for the painter to show an appearance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 pm

If I could, I'd get rid of every inch of carpet in this house - I loathe it. It is SO hard to keep clean - especially when your hubby refuses to removed his boots in the house. He was married to his first wife for 35 years before she passed away and that's the one thing she could never "train" him to do! And he's the one who simply MUST have the filthy stuff. I'd much prefer hardwood with lovely thick area rugs which can easily be cleaned.

I absolutely LOVE the color of your "new" car, Rosaboobie!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Yes, I quite like the colour too, although I would have liked something brighter - like purple lol. I guess she is very petite, compared to the cars you drive!

Everyone here on Sanday feels just like you, Drac - If ever our carpets need replacing, we will either put vinyl flooring down, or tiles, or a wooden floor, but NO more carpets for any of us.
Boobie
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Pleased you got the car you wanted, RB. It's a nice color, but also, if you'll forgive the expression, looks really sturdy.

Last year we replaced our living room carpet (wall to wall). We knew the rest of the house had the original hardwood floors but had no idea of what was under the living room carpet and we didn't want to have it sanded with all our furniture in place and a brand new paint job on the walls. So we ordered a new rather expensive carpet and were horrified when they came to install it to find under the old carpet an absolutely perfect wood floor, not even a scratch on it. Could have saved the money and had a beautiful floor! Of course, this bungalow is about 50 years old or so and has probably been carpeted since day one, that was the fashion then.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:25 am

Diat, you need "sturdy" for Sanday as I cant get down some of the tracks to the houses in a low-slung saloon car and you also need 4WD sometimes - and I have missed the "luxury" of sitting high off the ground, where you can see so much more.

I can remember we took my old Terios on safari through some of the Kenya National Parks, and the view from her was terrific, as we were sitting higher up than a normal car.
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 am

I like the car, RB! Fingers crossed that it comes as advertised.

Most of my house has hardwood floors with area rugs, which I prefer to wall-to-wall. Rugs can be shipped out for cleaning when spot cleaning gets to be too much. I have a large oval braided rug in the living room, which is very durable when it comes to anything the dogs can do to it.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:09 am

Well done on the new car, RB! Hope it give you much satisfaction!! Certainly looks a really nice island runabout! :)
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 pm

She performed so well on the Kenya roads, and she turned heads everywhere I went cos I think my Terios was one of the first to be seen in that country.

And I dont even have to go to town and collect it myself - I was a little bit nervous about driving a strange car onto the ferry for the first time cos they pack them in like sardines when its busy - I have a friend's husband who works in town during the week, and he will bring it home with him on Friday evening. :cheers:
Boobie
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:01 am

Terios has been safely transported to Aberdeen, and is now sitting on the Dock waiting for tomorrow night's ferry to Orkney :D :D
Boobie
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Ooo! Let's hope the weather cooperates for your car's arrival.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 am

The weather is not co-operating at the moment here, LadyK - our little local ferry tried to dock into Sanday harbour yesterday morning, but because of the high winds, they were not able to dock and had to turn back to mainland Orkney, And all ferries were cancelled for the whole day.

But my Terios is travelling on one of the much larger ferries, and it's not often that they are cancelled. I just hope they anchor her down, being that she is travelling on her own.
Boobie
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:23 am

She needs to get home to her new family! Hope the big ferry can make it into harbor.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 pm

As you can imagine, Sanday has a tiny harbour, but the Terios will be landing on mainland Orkney where they have a normal size harbour lol.

And I said farewell to the Ford Mondeo today - She has served me well for 4 years and her new owner was grinning from ear to ear when he collected it.
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”