Update?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Update?

Postby Diat60 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:42 pm

Any news on Black Dahlia?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Update?

Postby draclvr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Yes, I should have posted this long ago, but things have been up and down with her.

Long story short is that she had pneumonia on top of a chronic lung scarring condition and was not hospitalized - much to the horror of Rosaboobie and me. But she managed to kick it and was so ill for so long that she has gotten a caretaker to come in once or twice a day to help her out. What a relief for us who are half a world and half a country away. Rosaboobie and I did send her some flowers to cheer her up during such a low time for her. She also reached out to her son who lives on the east coast. He and his wife are eager for her to move back there to live with them. She is slowly marking things to stay, go or "maybe." They will be coming back out in mid to late May to finalize everything and to finally make the move shortly after that. I am not sure about her birds... she did tell me her DIL encouraged her to bring both of them. Hopefully, that will be the case.

So even though the idea of the move and the actual move are very stressful for BD, you can imagine what a relief it will be for Rosaboobie and me! Once she gets settled as much as possible, my first order of business would be for her to have a competent medical evaluation. I am still horrified by the dreadful medical care she was getting in California. At least now she will have an advocate for her in her son and/or his wife.

Light at the end of the tunnel for our dear friend!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks for the info, Drac. I often think of her all on her own at her age. She'll find quite a climate change if she moves East, after the California desert. And so will the birds!
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Glad to hear she'll be with family, and hope her health gets better...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun May 01, 2016 5:17 am

Yes for sure a climate change for the birds. I can still remember my dogs visibly shivering when they came from tropical Kenya to the Orkney Arctic lol.

BD's move cant come quick enough for me - like Drac said, it is all going to be extremely stressful for her, but it's the right decision to make at this stage in her life.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sun May 01, 2016 7:16 am

Hope she will soon be settled in with her family and her general health will improve. Give her my love when next you contact, RB or Drac.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Stella » Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 am

Glad to hear her family is there to help her. I think she said she was originally from my area, and if so, Spring has sprung, so it won't be to chilly for her and her birds.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun May 01, 2016 9:35 am

I think she is from that area, Stella. Her son lives in Virginia, but spring has thoroughly sprung out there too. It just won't be 115° with nearly zero humidity like it is in the desert!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun May 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you for the update, Drac! I hope the move goes smoothly for her.
There's no such thing as too many books!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 pm

This is good news, thanks drac. It's great that she has someone who is willing to take care of her. She must be quite the lady for the dil to want her to come stay with them. I hope she has the same relationship with her mil that I had with mine. Good news indeed. All the best BD :cheers:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”