does anyone want to adopt a dog?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

does anyone want to adopt a dog?

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 am

My daughter that lives in Florida had a family behind her house that would abuse their 2 dogs. Finally Lisa had enough and told them that she was taking the pit-bull dog and they totally agreed. (they had taken off his collar and told him to take off hoping that he would run away the week before). Anyway, she is trying to find a new home for the dog and my hubby said that he would pick him up from Florida and bring him to anyone in the Midwest if someone wants him. He is a male, about 1 year old, I think he is called a blue nose pit-bull. Lisa says he is very sweet and gentle but doesn't like cats. she had brought him to a new home and after 1/2 day they called Lisa to pick him up again as he chased their cat. Lisa doesn't have a big enough yard for him and they both work too much to take care of such a large dog, but, she wants him to go to a good home and she is going to keep him until she finds him a good home. Just thought I would put this out here!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: does anyone want to adopt a dog?

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:00 pm

You might have Lisa contact the Villalobos rescue center in New Orleans. Through their tv show Pitbulls & Paroles on Animal Planet, they have contacts all over the country and may be able to help. Here's their website link: http://www.vrcpitbull.net/dog/
There's no such thing as too many books!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:41 pm

thank you LadyK. Lisa has called local pitbull rescue sites and they said that they would post it but this seems a little more national.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Is he neutered... that's always a big question people want to know. Post him and call as many pit bull rescues as you can...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:33 am

The first person that had the dog turned him back to my daughter after just a few hours for chasing the cat. Now tonight she has another person to bring him to. This person has children but no other dogs. Keep your fingers crossed that they like him and that they will treat him good. The dog doesn't like cats and they do have a cat. I hope they can train him not to chase the cat!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:16 pm

I hope it works out the the dog. Sad situation.. thanks so much for all your efforts.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”