Black Dahlia's Big Move!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Black Dahlia's Big Move!

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:27 am

Well, the day of Black Dahlia's big move to Virginia has arrived. She is going to live with her son and DIL, and I just hope that everything goes smoothly without a hitch. Her 2 beloved birds are travelling with her in the cabin, and to say that BD is apprehensive about today is an understatement. She will be incommunicado for a few days whilst she settles in and gets her PC set up. Drac and I have waited for this day a very long time, and I will just be glad when it is all over for everyone concerned.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Black Dahlia's Big Move!

Postby Diat60 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:05 am

Funny, I was just thinking about her last night and wondering how her move was going. So glad she will be where she'll have some support and, hopefully, better medical care! The birds are in for a shock! Is her trailer moving with her?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:09 am

No, the son wants to keep the trailer there as a holiday home, Diat.
Boobie
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 am

Good luck with the move BD! Hope all goes smoothly.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of her also. I'm glad to know she now has some backup.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:28 am

Thank you for letting us know, RB. It's going to be a long trip for her and probably a wrench mentally as well, but I'm glad it's finally happening. Let us know when you hear more.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 am

These days when she is incommunicado are going to be just awful for me and Rosaboobie! I was praying that she wouldn't have a nervous break-down first! She is giving up all her independence and moving to the "unknown." Both are WAY out of her comfort zone. But her health has been deteriorating so rapidly the last couple of years and the health care she was getting in California was just dreadful. Although she will be giving up her complete independence, she was no longer ABLE to be independent. At least now she will have advocates for her in all of her issues instead of struggling to deal with them on her own.

Until we hear that she and her birds are safe and sound, Rosaboobie and I will still be anxious!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:01 am

So will we be too - so please let us know when she is safely there and settled into her new home! Holding thumbs all goes well for her and the birds (and her son and daughter-in-law - no little thing, taking this on their shoulders).
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 pm

I received an email from Donna's son prior to them boarding the plane, but I have not heard from him since. The non-communication is really getting to me now, cos we dont know how Donna has come through all this, and all this upheaval just prior to her 92nd Birthday, and also how her precious birdies have done................ The suspense is absolutely killing me!

I remember being in this very same situation when Donna ended up in the ER, and Drac and I had no contact with her then either.
Last edited by Rosaboobie on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boobie
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:17 pm

And I have just gotten an email from her! Yay! Whoopie! They all made it just fine. She said everyone was so very kind and although she is still stressed and nothing is really set up yet, she is safe and sound.

WHEW!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Oh my goodness, I am crying with joy - I am so very happy that they all arrived safe and sound :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Boobie
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:47 pm

That is such great news! I can understand a bit of BD's apprehension. When my Mom moved in with me, it was only a few miles and the move could not have gone more easily. I got her used to the idea by having her over for long weekend "sleepovers." Although she hated moving out of her home, she now can't imagine being anywhere else but here. BD moved clear across the country, but knowing that she is among people who love her and who want her there...she'll soon realize it's the best place for her as well. Thank you for updating us and sharing the good news!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:53 am

Ah, that is a relief, Drac! Thanks for letting us know.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:27 am

Thanks for letting us know Drac. Great news.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:30 am

I received an email from Donna this morning also. I dont think she can believe that her aged birds survived this long journey, one of which is 22 years old!
Her son and DIL are netting their porch so that the birds can have some freedom, as they have been used to. How very kind of them to think of her birds at a time when all of them are having to make so many changes in their lives.
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”