Draclvr in Hospital!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Draclvr in Hospital!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:43 am

When I woke up this morning, I had a Private Message on Facebook from Drac which said:-

"Guess where I am? IN THE HOSPITAL!!! I've been having trouble breathing for the last week or so. Went to my doctor today and they sent me to the Emergency Room because they thought it might be my heart. But after many tests and taking half my blood, it seems I have blood clots in my lungs! I am on oxygen and blood thinners. Have no idea how long they will keep me here, but I hope it's not long... I have too much to do!"

Poor Drac - I wish you a very speedy recovery. I cant imagine anything worse for this ever-busy woman than being stuck in a hospital bed with nothing to do.

Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: Draclvr in Hospital!

Postby Val » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:32 am

Speedy recovery Drac! Hope the treatment works well and that you will soon be back home with your tomatoes and bird life!! Thanks for letting us know RB.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=2519
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:00 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery Drac. :gl
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:44 am

I hope the treatment will be swift and effective and Drac will be home in jig time. I've just been reading a bit on this and the treatment can be either surgical or medicinal (i.e. blood thinners, etc.) Please keep us posted.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:03 am

Thank you, everyone! I am doing fine, but can you imagine how hard it is for me to sit here in this bed doing NOTHING?! AACCK! The doctor says if they can get my blood thin enough and I can keep my oxygen levels up, I can go home today. But I will have to be good and not do anything. Up to a point, that's OK. I was having such a hard time breathing, I couldn't do much anyway.

I had been doing the night closings at the Rescue Ranch while Cody was on vacation. When I was leaving the doctor's office on the way over to the ER, I said to the Nurse Practitioner, "So does this mean I won't be walking 6 barns checking on horses tonight!" She just laughed and said, "No, dear!"

My step-son and DIL went home and got my Surface and my cell phone, so I have plenty to do. Was up late reading as usual last night.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:10 am

Be a good girl now and do what the doctors say and you will be home pronto! Good luck my dear. ♥
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 am

Val, that is going to be the hard part! But I will have to be good, I guess. Poor hubby will have to take over the hummingbirds, cats, the dog and the chickens. Then there are the 111 tomato plants and 75 pepper plants he will have to keep weeded. Poor guy!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:56 am

He can do it! You can sit on the sidelines giving instructions and making sure he sticks to them! He is going to get fit these next couple of weeks. LOL!!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:34 am

Do they know what has caused the clots to form?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:44 am

Not yet, Diat. Doctor says there can be 101 reasons. The ER doctor said they are finding there is a genetic component ands asked about my family history re blood clots. At age 88 my mother had a bilateral pulmonary embolism after she had a cancer removed from her leg. Don't know if that counts though. They are being very thorough and I"ve had both a leg and a cardio echogram.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:48 am

Hospital stays are never any fun, but it's good to know you are on the mend, Drac! You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery...and that you will find the proper balance of busyness and rest...to peacefully recover. You're retired. You shouldn't be working so hard anyway! :wink:
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Holy moly, Drac! I'm just glad you're okay and hope that the docs get you fixed up soon. :flowers
There's no such thing as too many books!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Thank goodness Drac went to the doctor about this. I tend to put off going to the doctor, and this just proves that you should always act quickly when you have something wrong with you.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Sorry to hear this Draclvr! Hope you leave the hospital soon but that you leave it fighting fit!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Thank you again for the good wishes, everyone!

I am the world's worst for not paying attention when I get hurt because I get hurt all the time down at the ranch and working in the gardens . I just ignore it and go on. But this was different. When you can't breathe something else is going on. Glad I listened to my body!

As things have unfolded today, it appears I have multiple blood clots in my legs yet. They ha e started me on Coumadin in addition to the Lovenox by injection. The goal is to get me up to a "therapeutic number" of 2 before I go home. I will be giving myself injections of the Lovenox twice a day to both dissolve the old clots and prevent new ones.

They also did a CT scan of my abdomen today to determine if there are any issued there that would cause inadequate blood flow to and from my legs.

I'm being very well taken care of!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”