Draclvr in Hospital!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Draclvr in Hospital!

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:15 am

OK, kids, we have a change in plans! I have had a brutal week of screaming pain in my abdomen. Woke up with it Tuesday morning... this is the same pain that put me in the ER in August a month after I have the blood clots in the lungs. They had prescribed Percoset and Zofran for the nausea and they helped quite a lot, but I was still pretty miserable and sleeping about 12 hours a day. Did I say I HATE narcotics?!!! Anyway, got through my pre-op appointment in St. Louis on Wednesday. On my way home, I dropped off a note for my surgeon letting him know what was going on. By the time I got home an hour later, they were calling very concerned that this mass was pressing on something and wanted to move the surgery up to Monday instead of next Friday. It worked out, so my surgery will be Monday about 4:00. WOO HOO! I am so happy to get this over with sooner - no matter the outcome.

It will be late Monday before I get out of recovery and into a room and I'm suspecting I will still be pretty out of it. I will be letting Rosaboobie know the outcome as soon as I can Tuesday and she can fill you all in here.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:29 am

Best of luck to you,Drac. I'll be praying for you!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:02 am

Hang in there Drac - best to get it over with earlier rather than later! Positive thoughts winging your way! x
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

I wont be able to settle at all on Monday until I hear from you, Drac, after the operation!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:44 pm

I know, Rosaboobie! And I'm sure it will be sometime Tuesday before I'm "with it" enough to use my Surface and let you know! One thing I'm doing is opting for an epidural for pain management instead of morphine after the surgery. I just HATE the feeling the narcotics give me - just so sleepy and out of it. I'm sure I will be sleepy enough from the surgical anesthesia!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 pm

:gl: Wishing you a speedy recovery.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:07 pm

All my best wishes for a fast recovery, Drac! I'll be thinking of you on the day.
There's no such thing as too many books!
RaytheBear
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby RaytheBear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi Drac, wishing you a speedy recovery and may this be the Last of it...
Ray
xoxo
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Pray it goes very well Draclvr! Will be thinking of you!
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Good luck Drac!
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:56 pm

I will be thinking about you and sending prayers, I am out of town and not near internet. hope all goes well and you can stop having this pain!!!!!!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:45 am

Lets hope this puts paid to all that pain and suffering, Draclvr. My thoughts will be with you.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:02 am

Oh, tomorrow is going to be such a looooooong day! At 3:30 Friday the anesthesiologist decided - TWO days after my pre-op appointment where they are supposed to order all tests prior to surgery - that he wanted another Echo of my heart and a Doppler of my legs. I nearly went ballistic! Neither of these can be done over the weekend and the best they could do was schedule them down at the big hospital in St. Louis Monday morning and squeeze me in between other appointments! So I have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn to drive ONE HOUR down there to get there by 7:00 am and wait around until they can get me in for these two tests. Then depending on when I finally get out of there, I will drive ONE HOUR back home to get Dave and my overnight bag and drive ONE HOUR back down to the hospital to wait for surgery! I have to be there by 1:00 pm, so if I get done too late, I will just stay there are wait for him to come down and my step son will have to drive my truck home later. He's the only one who can drive a stick shift!!

I am NOT a happy camper! Dave's back has gotten really bad again and there is no way he could sit down there for 13 - 14 hours! He is scheduled for another epidural on the 26th, but that doesn't help for tomorrow! And of course, I won't be able to eat or drink anything for a VERY long time!

Oh, well, I will be asleep for most of it!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:05 am

So much for being relaxed the day of surgery! Quite honestly, Drac, I would take my overnight bag with me and plan to stay at the hospital. Let your husband and son drive down later. It will probably be easier on your husband with his back as well. You don't want to wear yourself out...plus you don't know if, after testing, they will not end up postponing your surgery (which I hope they don't).
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh, I'm definitely taking everything along just in case. The chances of them postponing are very slim... I asked. Mostly they want to have as much info as possible. I'm just pissed they didn't address this during my pre-op appointment which I was told was the whole POINT of the pre-op!

Oh, well... Soon all will be over. Just think... Next Sunday I'll be sitting here messaging you from my comfy computer chair!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”