Draclvr in Hospital!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Re: Draclvr in Hospital!

Postby Winfrey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Well at least they decided to do this now and not when you were sitting at the hospital getting ready for surgery!!! Can you have a couple of glasses of wine today to help thin down your blood and nerves ??? Holding you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Actually, my nerves are doing OK. I''m not going to worry until I have something to worry about - I'll let Dave do all that for me! I just want this over and done with so I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Perhaps I should word that...help you not be pissed off ....lol
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Ha, ha! Maybe a better way to put it!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Sheesh! I hope they get their act together down there and that everything goes smoothly for you. Hugs and best wishes from NJ.
There's no such thing as too many books!
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Draclvr.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 am

I'm here! They tell me I am doing much better than they would expect for someone who had major surgery less that 24 hours ago. I'm up and about by myself and drinking my morning coffee right now! Of course, I'm sore as hell with 5 small incisions in my abdomen, but nothing I can't handle. I'll avoid the narcotics like plague if I can. I have a complete hysterectomy and a large mass removed. It doesn't look like anything according to the surgeon, but I will find out more about the pathology today. I will keep you posted, but I am feeling pretty good for an old broad!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 am

Whoop! She's back!! Take it easy now Drac! So pleased you are ok. Hugs! x
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:23 am

:cheers: Yay! I'm glad to hear you are doing well, Drac! Now rest and recuperate.
There's no such thing as too many books!
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Heal up quick, Drac. Those tomatoes are waiting. Image
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey Drac! Glad to hear you are doing well. I didn't mention this earlier but I actually had the same surgery a number of years ago. No pain, just very heavy periods that dropped my blood count well below normal. I actually discovered the issue at the bloodbank one day when I went from my office to donate a pint. The nurse measured my hematocrit and said: "Not only can you not give blood, but you need a transfusion." So off to the GYN I went. I had a mass in my uterus about the size of a grapefruit. Because of the size, they needed to do the hysterectomy. Since I had surgery in the Air Force for a ruptured ovarian cyst, I already had a huge scar across my lower abdomen, so I told the surgeon to "cut along the dotted line." In my case, I got to keep my ovaries so I could go through menopause naturally. Lucky me. The mass was benign. Six week recovery time before I could go back to work. I'm hoping you fair as well and you will be much happier sans the uterus.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Pleased to hear from you so quickly. May your recuperation go like lightning.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Well, believe it or not, I'm home! I slept for a couple of hours and thought I was going to die getting up out of the bed with no railings! Think I need to get a small pillow to hold on my stomach.

Doctor says this is a marginal mass – not the right word, but I can’t think of it right now – which means it is not cancer, but may have cells which could become cancer. He will have a plan for what he wants to do when I go see him again in 2 weeks. He said this is something they even treat with chemo, but he will have to look a little deeper at what it is.

I guess he had quite a time during surgery. He had decided at the last minute to do it with laproscopy. This mass is way too big to get out that way, so he was going to “bag it” along with the ovary and pull out my vagina. But he couldn’t make it work, so he had to make two MORE incisions to get it out... so than makes 5 small incisions. The pain isn’t there though, but in my lower abdomen where he “assaulted me” getting everything out! I was in the OR for almost 3 hours, of course worrying Dave to death.

So now, it’s just time, time time...
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 pm

So they kicked you out already! Glad to hear you're home. Definitely a small pillow will help. I kept fearing I would rip out my stitches and my guts would spill out. Also move by turning on your side and bending your knees.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Yup, did the knees and turning thing... But then you've still got so suck it up and get up!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”