Draclvr in Hospital!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Draclvr in Hospital!

Postby JKEerie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:32 pm

That's why you press that pillow against your tummy. Do you have anything near your bed you can grab onto? Before I got a bed rail for my Mom's bed I used a two step ladder next to her bed. She'd grab the rail and it helped until the bed rail that we ordered online that fit between the mattress and box spring arrived.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:19 am

Wow, I just read this thread. Best wishes, Draclvr! I'm glad you are home. :)
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 am

Yes and now I' cussing because I left my pillow upstairs!

My goal for today is to start eating a little bit and to get a shower! They said I could shower as long as I don't wash the surgical area - which is essentially y entire abdomen!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:13 am

Sorry, Drac, but I can't help laughing at the mental picture of you trying to shower without getting your tummy wet. You'll have to face backwards and hope for the best! Sounds like your doctor had a trying time (tried this, then tried that). So good to hear you're home so quickly.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 am

I'm glad you're home, Drac. Easy does it now. I guess you could wrap a plastic bag around your middle to shower, but an edge-of-the-tub bath might be easier. Well, except for the getting down and up again.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:39 am

I wouldn't be able to sit of get up from the edge of the bathtub! I can shower, but I just can't scrub the abdominal area. And I'm going to do like you said, DIat, and just face away from the spray. Just getting my hair washed is the big thing!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:52 am

Masking tape and plastic seems logical Drac. Perhaps you should try that AND wash facing away from the spray! Good luck. ♥
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:23 am

They said it was OK to get it wet - just no scrubbing. Like I would even THINK about scrubbing! Egads! I have 5 small incisions where they did the laproscopy and they don't bother me too much. It's the lower ones that hurt like mad.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Heh. I edited my post about the edge of the bathtub after thinking about it. A shower is definitely the best option.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm surprised they let you go upstairs, Drac. I was restricted from stair climbing for two weeks. However, since my computer was on the second floor and I lived alone...like that was gonna happen! I just took it really nice and slow and all was well.

As to the bathing...I could just picture someone using plastic bags and duct tape to keep their surgical area dry! A nice hot shower and clean hair will do you a world of good.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:42 pm

I was pretty surprised they let me go up and down stairs too. But it really isn't a problem. The shower was a success - and you're right, JK. Clean hair and a hot show and feel... well, better anyway!.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:08 pm

My house is set up so that the kitchen is on the 1st floor, while the bedroom, "computer" work room, and bathroom are on the 2nd. So, I couldn't not take the steps even if I slept on the couch downstairs because the toilet/bath is upstairs, and I couldn't stay upstairs because the kitchen/refrigerator is downstairs. I don't think that doctors always consider real life situations when they give their orders...
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:57 pm

In fact, that was one of the things they asked me - how the house was arranged. I was kind of surprised! This is a 100+ year old farm house, so all the bedrooms are upstairs. We added a bathroom up there too, so it all works out.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

When I moved into my second...and hopefully last house...I chose a ranch. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms...one for me and one for Mom. Even the laundry room is on the first floor. So the basement is for storage and my workout equipment.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 am

The stairs might be a good thing... get those muscles moving and working, they seem to want you to do that right away. Just don't over do it. So and easy ... I know that is just not you! I hope this was the reason for the pain and you don't have to deal with diverticulitis too!!!!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”