Vote for Beautiful Photos

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Vote for Beautiful Photos

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm sharing from Gameboomers for Ana Sprague/BET. It was hard for me pick one, but it turned out the one I did pick is getting the most votes.

Those of you who follow me on FaceBook and Twitter already know I am an amateur photographer and especially love taking sunset photos.

I entered a local photography contest for an area I take 90% of my photos. If you want to check them out and maybe vote for one of mine if you think they are better than others, I would be most thankful!

You can view them at the forest preserve website here. To access scroll down a bit until you see a search feature and enter "anasprague" without the quotes and then select the magnifying glass to the right. That will bring up my ten entries.

You can vote once a day for the next 35 days. They need your email address only for confirmation you do not need to subscribe to anything. It's just our local forest preserve and not a spam website. FYI, voting for the same photo increases the chances of it winning. There are many there with significant votes already.

I appreciate your time and hope you enjoy my photos.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: Vote for Beautiful Photos

Postby Val » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 am

Wow! Beautiful captures, Drac! Voted for the first one and the confirmation email will remind me to vote again tomorrow! :) They are all brilliant!! Good luck. x
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:17 am

We all told Ana it was really hard to pick one they are all so gorgeous! I had to kind of smile when the one I picked turned out to be the one getting the most votes.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 am

My daughter put in a vote too! :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 am

YAY!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:11 pm

I have gone to this site at least 20 times to try and vote for your pictures but it never shows up. I have put in the name and everything and nothing happens. so, I really tried.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:45 pm

That's very strange, mbday. What exactly never shows up?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:50 am

Nothing. Really nothing. I put in the name with and without a space and it is blank. Maybe I should try it with chrome instead of firefox.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:26 am

Oh, so you DO get to the page with the photo contest then. I wasn't sure if clicking on the link just didn't show anything coming up.

Are you typing anasprague in the search box and then clicking on the search icon?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:21 am

No, it says photo contest and there are 3 blinking suitcase looking thingys at the top and it never does anything. I have tried the search then and there still is nothing. when i type in the name, the space is blank white. I've tried many times.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Oh, that's not what it is supposed to look like. Look up in the address bar at the top... does it say dupageforect.org/take5? If it does't, then you've got a browser hijacker. This is what the page is supposed to look like - the the search function is the first picture with the top of the webpage the second picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:05 pm

yes, that is what it says at the top but I only see those 3 suitcase looking things and it doesn't do anything. when I go to search it comes up blank too. I have really tried.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm puzzled - I don't see any suitcase looking things!!! I 'm curious now - you're saying the page doesn't have any of the graphics in my bottom screenshot? I would try Chrome - maybe Firefox is blocking something.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:52 pm

I have voted - Good luck Ana!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:19 pm

ahhhhh. I tried in Chrome and it showed everything and I was able to vote! I wonder why firefox wouldn't show me the stuff?

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”