Great Product!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Great Product!

Postby Diat60 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 am

I don't often get enthusiastic about something new I've tried, but felt I had to share this as it would probably be of money saving benefit to everyone. Have you seen Ziplok Fresh Produce bags? They're meant for fresh, unwashed produce and are covered in minute perforations to let air in or something. I saw these in the Dollar Store and thought it couldn't hurt to try. Well, green onions bought 2 weeks ago are still like new (and you know how quickly these go horrible), tomatoes, carrots, green peas and green beans are perfect after a week, no sweating or discoloration. They cost around $3 Canadian for a pack of 15. I only have a few words of advice - if you see them, buy them!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Great Product!

Postby JKEerie » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:15 pm

I found some produce bags years ago that worked okay, but these sound even better. The ones I found didn't have perforations, so I presume there was something about the plastic that made them "breathe" better. You had to use a twist tie, though, to close them. Anyway, I hate throwing out produce that you just can't eat fast enough. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these, Diat. Thanks for the tip!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:02 pm

These do sound great. I have found myself taking a knife and poking holes in my bags of produce that I buy from the store - especially carrots. They can get rotten so fast but I find that if I punch holes in the bag, they will stay fresh much longer. also with lettuce, I always try to poke a few holes in the bag. I hate buying fresh produce only to have it be rotten and icky after a few days!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 am

I use these all the time for my fresh asparagus after I pick it. They are definitely great!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:55 am

I used to use a similar product, Diat, but I have not been able to find anything similar since moving here - you have prompted me to look into this again, cos this is something that I definitely need, only buying my fresh produce about once a month.

I wrap my leeks and celery in metal foil, and they keep as fresh as the day they were bought, for up to 6 weeks!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”