after long absence

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
The Black Dahlia
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

after long absence

Postby The Black Dahlia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 am

:) am back after long, long absence. It is me the Black Dahlia, Donna Halstead. Anyone around that remembers me? I now live with my son and his wife in Virginia after breaking down in health and experiencing ER care and two blood transfusions. Slowly recovering in health but emotionally not so good. Could use some badly needed company and conversation so was encouraged to come here and establish some relationships again. Hope there are still some who might remember me and care to establish chat lines again. :pale:
When you see old people, don't pass them by. Stop to relate. They're really young people who have just been around a long time.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: after long absence

Postby Val » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:52 am

Welcome back, Black Dahlia! How could we forget you?? Pleased to hear you are settled now with your family. It is always a wrench to move home, regardless of the circumstances. Please let us know all your news and share some pics if you can.
Hope your beloved birds have settled in well in their new home. x
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:22 am

Yay! She's here! Rosaboobie and I have been encouraging BD to drop in a say hello for a long time.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 am

Hi. BD! Pleased to see you again. We've all been hoping to hear from you and are looking forward to hearing all about your new home. I was especially wondering how your cataract removal had eventually worked out. I remember you had a lot of trouble at the time. I had mine done and have been quite happy with the results, although I miss my short vision a lot. Let's not discuss threading a needle!
The Black Dahlia
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby The Black Dahlia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:10 pm

welcome to see you all again. Am fighting a depression since not sure how long this health session will last until some testing is done. And I am not the most patient of people. I get so lonely here despite family who are very busy with their own affairs. I have been left rather weak and despondent since can't do much - not even care for my birds which I have decided to give up to some rescue center. My daughter in law is allergic to them sooooooooooooooooo. Can hardly talk about it since will not know what happens to them. Life at times seems so unfair when one tries to do the right thing and have it turn out so badly. But one carries on.

so what is the news with everyone here since I have been around? Val? Dial60? what is going on in your lives now?
When you see old people, don't pass them by. Stop to relate. They're really young people who have just been around a long time.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 pm

I've missed you here, BD, and I'm sorry you are feeling so down. You've been through a lot this year, so it's understandable. I wish you steady improvement and hope you'll stop by more often.
:bighug
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm glad to see you back here! You are among friends here. Health issues are not fun, but, hopefully they will resolve. I've noticed that my age is making me miserable more often. I have had to wear a knee brace for the last few days. I was trying to play football with my grandsons and I think I am just too old to be doing that kind of stuff. arghhh.
The Black Dahlia
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby The Black Dahlia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 pm

isn't it the pits when you want to play with grandchildren and find your age interfering! That's what grandchildren are for, for Pete's sake. Well, guess it gets us all in the end somehow, someway. If backs do not go, arms and legs do it seems, mbday630.

and lady kesteral will be stopping by more often now. Tomorrow I see my family dr. to see what the future might hold since I seem to be wearing out at the seams. Just do not want to go through what just did re not one but two transfusions!!!! Enough is enough.

now concerned about draclvr and her health - will be concerned for her as she approaches her surgery. So am not the only one to face health issues here.

off for the evening as get prepared for next day. So long all. See you all here again.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:33 am

It's lovely to see you here again Donna :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 am

Life is good here BD. However I have got a head cold which is annoying. Thought I had beaten the odds having gone through winter without one, but now that Spring is here I succumb! Can't complain otherwise and most probably picked this one up while babysitting the grandkids on Saturday. Compared to you and Drac I am very fortunate.
I am sure life will improve once you have properly settled. A pity about your birds but am sure they will love the new company they will have at the shelter. Things WILL get better!! ♥
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 am

Welcome back, BD - it's good to see you!
Sorry to hear you haven't been doing so well - I hope things will look brighter as you get used to your new situation. I'm glad you have family around you now, and staying connected is good.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 am

Welcome back BD! I'm coming apart at the seams also. I now have a feeding tube poked through my stomach, because no one seems to know why I can't swallow! The worst part is when I go to the Doctor and see other ageing people and think oh no, another crummy ageing symptom just waiting to happen!

Maybe have your family hang bird feeders outside a window you look out of frequently. It's nice to just sit and watch them carry on. Along with all the different birds, I've acquired some chipmunks, squirrels, and a nest of bunnies under my window. Slowly going broke buying peanuts, suet, thistle, and bird seed!
Lucien21
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Lucien21 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:00 am

Welcome back BD.
Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.
—Anorak’s Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1–2
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Oh Stella, poor you - how long have you had this problem?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:56 pm

I've had the feeding tube for about a year. Every so often it falls out, then off to the ER for a replacement.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”