after long absence

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: after long absence

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Do you have to have this tube in forever, Stella?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Welcome back, BD! It's hard uprooting and especially difficult when those around you are working and have busy lives for a good part of their day. I've had my Mom with me for a bit over two years now. She's 89. Her move was only across town, so nothing major. Since I'm retired, I'm here practically 24/7 with her, except when I'm out running errands. In fact, I retired just so I could become her caregiver and moved bag and baggage back to my original home state. I wish I could say I was the most patient in the world, but unfortunately, I'm not...especially if she has a health issue that I cannot readily help her with. She has hemolytic anemia and has needed multiple blood transfusions. Since I was a blood banker in my professional life, I am well aware of how much they can help. My goal, though, is to keep Mom out of the hospital, so I'm working with her docs to monitor her condition and see if some blood tests are warranted.

Stella's idea of a bird feeder is a good idea. I've put them up here and Mom and I enjoy the visitors...but as Stella says, they can rapidly become another mouth to feed! The sparrows are especially piggish about the feeders. They can easily take over and prevent the "prettier" birds (goldfinches, cardinals, grosbeaks) from feeding. I've taken to hanging fish wire filaments from the feeders to discourage them. Imagine hanging things from your bird feeders to discourage the birds! Sounds a bit convoluted, doesn't it? It's working though, as the sparrows still feed but not in gangs like they used to. Anyway...as everyone is telling you, things will get better. Your family has to be happier and more relieved having you near by. Do they spend much time with you when they are home?

Well...here's to better days ahead, BD!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Good you're back around BD! It is a supportive community here!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”