I know what a pin cushion feels like!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: I know what a pin cushion feels like!

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:27 pm

I wished that I had started to use it earlier - Its a wonderful machine, thats for sure - spent the afternoon downloading what I thought was necessary software, plus sorting out passwords etc. All I have to do now is download some BFG games for the journey......... or can I take my EHD with me, Drac, where I store all my BFG games on the desktop, and play the games from there???
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:45 pm

It will depend on whether the games have been installed or not. Usually, Windows needs registry entries... Be sure you try it out first.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Oh darn, I thought I had hit on a good solution there - trouble is I am running out of time for downloading these games - and I dont know what my internet connection will be like once I leave home!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:04 pm

It's worth a try! All it will take is a simple connection and then try one out...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:06 pm

And if just one works, does that mean they will all work, Drac?
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:49 pm

They should with the operative word being should.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Then I must remember the hub as well, because winfrey told me that the Surface cant power up any accessories, but that I would need a hub with its own charging cable to run anything else.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 pm

My Surface can charge things like my phone as long as it's plugged it, but I would definitely bring the hub to be sure you can power up your exterior drive. Have you tried a couple of games?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Nope, I will try it out when I go to bed, as it is all set up on my bedside cabinet - now all I have to do is remember to take it with me in the morning ha ha - Cos I am bound to forget something! :roll:

To be honest, I am not getting any connection with it in the office/study - the connection is far better in the bedroom.
Boobie
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Have an enjoyable and safe trip, Rosy!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:07 am

I left Sanday early Monday morning on the ferry, said goodbye to my fur babes, spent an enjoyable day in town. Got up crack of dawn yesterday as I had to at the airport by 6.15 a.m. Stood apprehensively at the check-in as I tentatively put my suitcase on the scales - phew, only 20 kgs, so I am 3 kgs below the limit, thank goodness. Wanted to weigh my rucksack but didnt dare in case it was over the 7 kgs limit and they took it off me ha ha. So the second leg of my journey from Kirkwall to Edinburgh went without hitch, but I had to run as I only had 40 minutes in order to catch the next flight. Got to the Edinburgh check-in and was told that unfortunately there was thick fog in London, and flight would be delayed by a couple of hours. However, just as I settled down with my Kindle, lo and behold my flight was called and we boarded the plane. However we then spent the next 2 hours sitting in the plane on the tarmac, just in case the fog lifted or we were given an earlier slot, boring boring.

Well I arrived in London and I am afraid I was an Orkney sheep,, instead of following the relevant signs to Baggage Reclaim, I went with the crowd, not realising that most passengers were still in transit and going on to their next flight! I realised my mistake when I found myself at the Exit, and not the Baggage Reclaim - what a dope - I have never made this mistake before, and what a palaver to get my luggage from this exit point - ho hum, not a good start - my stress levels were not good at this point but the BA staff were all very nice about it all.

Grabbed a taxi and went straight to my "Hotel" - hmm, it looked nicer on the internet when I booked it lol - and the only good thing I can say about it is the food in their Indian Restaurant was fantastic - but for sure I wont be staying here again, It is now 5 a.m. and I am about to repack my suitcase for the next leg of my journey. I have booked a taxi for 10 a.m. to take me back to the Airport, where I will spend a relaxing (shopping) day, passing my time until my flight to India this evening. As a treat, I have booked myself into a luxury Premium VIP Lounge for a few hours well away from the husting bustling crowd, and I am looking forward to that - And then the real fun starts lol!

I am not sure if I will be able to post very much, as I am told there is hardly any internet "out in the sticks" in India, so watch this space!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:41 am

First thing I thought of this morning was, "I hope there is an update from Rosaboobie!" So glad you accommodated me! The adventure has begun!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:57 am

Have fun on your trip! I hope that you post lots of pictures. I am so jealous.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Hope you found a free wi-fi at the airport! But with your VIP lounge card you must have! Have a safe flight and a wonderful adventure RB! All the best. Get in touch when you can.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:20 am

Things did not go as planned re the VIP Lounge. I am so used to travelling with British Airways where you can book your luggage in hours and hours before your flight, but stupidly did not check whether I could do the same with India's Jet Airways. Well I got to the airport like 10 hours early, only to find that I could not check my baggage in until 4 p.m., so I had to wait in the Airport Hall for 6 hours where there are no shops, and nothing else to do but sit and wait! Fortunately I got talking to this man from Sri Lanka who had lived most of his life in the U.K. and we spend several hours chatting, so that passed some of the time.
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”