What do you think..

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

What do you think..

Postby Stella » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 pm

What do you think about this?

I've been going to the same Vet for years. It was time for my Golden Retriever's booster shots, so off we went. All office doors were open, we were the only people there. The Lady Vet had her 5 month old baby in a musical swing that are popular for small children. After the vaccinations, my dog walked over to see the baby, and my Vet had a meltdown, very nastily saying, "Get that dog away from my baby!"

This bothers me. She knows my dog's history. She knows my dog loves children. (he was just standing there wagging his tail and the baby was laughing) If she was so concerned about dust, hair, germs, whatever.., what was the baby doing there?

:scratch: I may need counseling.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Re: What do you think..

Postby middletoe » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Find another vet.
This one doesn't seem to like animals.
If she was worried about germs, she shouldn't have had the baby in the same area where pets have access, and there was no need to be nasty about asking you to remove the dog.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:59 pm

If she was so worried about her baby, she should have had the baby in a different area. Of course dogs are going to smell a little baby. If she is a new first-time mother, they can be very paranoid. Did you say something to her that she should know that your dog is nice? Maybe it was just a knee-jerk reaction on her part. If you like her as a vet, I don't think I would get a new vet though.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Time for a new vet. That was completely uncalled for...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Mbday, she has seen my dog several times in the last 3 years, and has even commented on what wonderful dogs Goldens are. I thought about the new mom scenario, this is her first child, but her husband is the large animal Vet there (cows, horses, etc.) and I would think their life would center around animals.

I left there with a .. what the heck just happened.. feeling.

It's been a couple of days since this happened, but I don't feel any better about it. Think I will go elsewhere.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”