Are you finished Christmas shopping?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Are you finished Christmas shopping?

Postby mbday630 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:43 pm

My DIL came over today and wrapped all my Christmas presents for my 8 grandchildren and my MIL. I found out that I still was lacking a few presents (one must keep it even so that they all have the same amount to open!) and so I ordered them last 2 from
Amazon today. Whew. The only thing I have left to do is make my beef jerky for our Christmas exchange that we have with my kids, MIL and hubby. We always have a theme for our gift exchange and this year it has to be something handmade. Beef Jerky is the only thing that I could think of that I am able to do. I have been looking for rump roast or round steak to go on sale so that I can make it, but, I might have to pay full price if it doesn't go on sale soon. How is everyone else doing with their Christmas shopping?
Lucien21
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Re: Are you finished Christmas shopping?

Postby Lucien21 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Waiting on somthing coming this week from Sweden, but other than that it's just wrapping duty for me.
Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.
—Anorak’s Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1–2
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:33 pm

All finished here too... I have to finish knitting one scarf and one slouchy hat. Parked my big butt in front of the computer and shopped at Amazon as usual. I loathe shopping at stores!! Got the presents for the Colorado grandkids all wrapped and will box them up and get in the mail tomorrow. Going to bake cookies with my 10 year-old granddaughter who lives close by on Saturday. She's so excited! I think mom will be glad to have her over here while she cleans and gets ready to host her huge family for Christmas dinner on Sunday.

We have our Christmas dinner at the American Legion tomorrow night. Hubby will be making two of his famous hams. Everyone brings a dish to share, so it's usually quite a spread and a very good time.

Got the tree up Sunday and it's still standing. Of course, the cat UNdecorates the bottom every night.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 am

Still have a couple of items to get. Went through to the Mall yesterday early and it was nice and quiet but by the time I left it was chaotic!! Most of my shopping was online and am waiting for another to be delivered via courier. Still have to get my pork roast though! Tree up on Saturday and still standing too!! :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 am

One of my favorite pictures of this season. My friend Kim has two yellow tabbies named Colby and Cheddar. They like to visit the Christmas village on her mantle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 am

Oh adorable Drac! My family have just recently fetched two kittens from the rescue - two little girls and not related. Doubt they will grow up as handsome as those two, but they are cute nevertheless. The first pets in the household and the grandkids are in love! ♥
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 am

Ahh, so cute! My cats always snuggle into my Nativity scene manger. :santa:
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:54 am

Kim used to have a Nativity set under the Christmas tree. Cheddar stole the baby Jesus out of his manger and took him swimming..... in Cheddar's water bowl.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 am

That is so funny Drac! Cats really can cause havoc on Christmas trees and decorations! Our old cat always thought she was in a jungle and would lie underneath the tree.

I did all of my Christmas shopping online this year. from either Walmart and did the pick up at store or at Amazon. That is so much easier. Especially now with this cold weather and snow we are having. I don't leave the house anymore unless it is totally necessary.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 pm

That cat picture is priceless!

I am so far behind this year that I think I'm first. I have some shopping done but still have a bunch of stuff to ship. I haven't even taken my decorations out of storage yet, and my house is still full of clutter. I took 8 boxes of stuff to our Goodwill store on Monday and may have hurt myself. The boxes weren't particularly heavy, but I developed moderate pain in my lower abdomen that night. At first I thought it was just gas but then started thinking muscle pull, hernia, or even appendicitis. My doc is pretty sure it's not appendicitis but sent me for a CAT scan yesterday. In the meantime, ibuprophen makes it manageable, as long as I don't bend down too much. Knock wood it's nothing serious, but it has slowed me down. I guess I'll take it easy and do my Christmas cards until I find out what's going on.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm so glad to hear you're getting a scan. That's the way my issues started - pain in the lower abdomen.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:19 am

So, what was the result of your CAT Scan, LK? Not good to injure yourself just before Christmas.

I dont buy many pressies any more - But already have the pressies for Maloo and Benji wrapped, along with pressies for my good friends/neighbours Jo and Jeff, and bought a big box of chocolates for my Mum online, although apparently they have yet to turn up.

However for me Christmas might be cancelled, or at the very least postponed. I have a serious dental issue - severe gum disease - which means I have to have 6 teeth out on Wednesday, UK postal strike permitting, cos if the partial denture does not arrive, then the extractions are obviously cancelled. I had one tooth out last Tuesday, and I have to say that I am still suffering, so it does not bode too well for the next 6 ha ha. I have been recommended by friends to take a mixture of Ibuprofen and Arnica 30 tablets to help reduce the pain and swelling. Oh well, I can always resort to a liquid Christmas Dinner - I have a bottle of Coffee Baileys liqeur if all else fails - nom nom nom

On a lighter note, here is a piccie of my festive conservatory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:26 am

Beautiful conservatory but horrid news about the teeth extractions. Hope they 'go' without much fuss and with less pain. Will be thinking of you - let us know how it goes.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:23 am

your conservatory is absolutely beautiful! Very festive indeed. I hope all goes well with your dental surgery. Hubby is going through the same thing right now, but, he can't wear his partial as it is too painful.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:26 am

Beautiful! Looks very peaceful. :santa:

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”