almond bark or milk chocolate chips?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

almond bark or milk chocolate chips?

Postby mbday630 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:47 pm

What do you prefer the flavor of - chocolate almond bark or chocolate chip coating? I am making my mother a birthday gift of popcorn covered in one of them and wondering which most people prefer? I had never cooked with almond bark before, but, I did make a Christmas snack with white almond bark and I loved it. I don't know though if most people would like it.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: almond bark or milk chocolate chips?

Postby draclvr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 pm

I haven't used either one, so can't answer you. But I'll bet someone else will!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Never heard of almond bark but have had chocolate chips in biscuits but never used them myself. So am afraid I can't answer you either. Good luck with whatever you choose. :)
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 am

I love almond bark, both dark and milk choclate, and get it from a local chocolate shop that makes it from scratch. However, I have never tried melting it as a coating. I suspect the chocolate chips would melt easier.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:31 pm

I am such a bad daughter. My mother's birthday has come and gone and all I gave her was the book "Alaska" by Michener that i bought from a thrift store. i guess I will save the almond bark for when my grandkids come over because they love cooking with me.

also, I am thinking of making a baby blanket for my daughter. I am thinking of using the waffle stitch. I don't want anything with big holes in it for the baby's fingers to get caught in and I think that stitch might be the best. So, I am going to be a grandma again! whoooot.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Yay for you! Being a grandma is the best! Waffle stitch is a good one for not having holes. I haven't made anything using it for years. I'm working on owl mitts for my mom right now because her hands are always so cold. They leave the fingertips out so she can still read the paper or whatever.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 am

Congrats on the soon to be grandbaby. I'm waiting on 2 more myself, one in April and one in June. This will make 6 grandsons for me. I told my youngest daughter, who only has one child, that if her husband wants to be my favorite son-in-law, he better come up with a girl! :D

I read that Alaska book when it first came out. It was good, I think your Mom will like it.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”