Hey Everyone

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Hey Everyone

Postby StarLite » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas and New Year this year. Hubby and I both did good, I bought him a new tablet and he bought me a new mp3 player. I sent my daughter who desperately needed it, $100.00

Herself finally got down to 147lbs but then went up last night to 149lbs. Where does it come from, how can you go up that much just eating a small piece of pizza bread hubby made us.

Had a bit of a scare two nights ago, thought I was having a stroke. Lost my speech formation, had a headache and was very sick. Turns out it was my cholesterol medicine. I can't take those statin drugs at all. This happened to me 3 times before. When I felt it I was thinking about motorcycles and tried to say Harley-Davidson and said Halley Jetson. The last time this happened I couldn't say the word letter opener. I was saying to hubby, "that thing on the dragon, open envelopes". That's all I could say till it passed. It took a few hours before I could form words.

I had a headache, chills, aching body, flu symptoms. I slept most of yesterday. Not too bad today. I made it through my exercise program but couldn't do the extras that I usually do. Poor hubby was scared to death. But all in all we're up for some Chinese food today, there goes my 147. Oh well, there's always ab day tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care

StarLite
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Hey Everyone

Postby draclvr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi, Starlite! Wish I could get down to that weight! Lost a fair amount after my surgery and it seems to be staying off, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

That sounds terrifying! So, do you have to get off the statin drug completely then?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

THat sounds very scary Starlite, hope you get a change of medication!
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Hey again, just to let you know what's going on. I just back from the doctor a little while ago and when I told him what happened to me he freaked. He just said two words, "STOP IT". I just hope what I was feeling wasn't a stroke because this happened to me 3 times now. It's funny because when I told him I had to stop the drug he asked me if it was because of the body aches and pains, thanks for letting me know. They never tell you anything these doctors, but I guess we're not all the same. He told me because of my weight loss I didn't need the statins anymore. He said to just watch my eating habits. I told him the diet hubby and I was on, he was pleased with that.

Our BPs were spot on, mine 123/93 and hubby's was 123/72. He took hubby off the Metformin. Hubby lost a lot of weight, at one time he was 380lbs and two points away from insulin, now he's 210lbs. Diet and exercise. I guess it's a good thing I love to exercise even though my body is killing me. But I will keep at it. I've only gotten really bad pain wise since the winter got here.

I'm still going to take the CoQ10 when we get paid. Our health store has CoQ with Lecithin, now there's a bonus. I figured with all the oils and supplements I take there shouldn't be a need for statins. Just glad to be rid of them. And the funny thing is I was only taking 1/2 a pill. Well I'm off, it's miserable here today, dreary and dark, I'm starting to get tired and it's only 3:12pm here. Take care everyone and keep an eye on those meds

StarLite
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:17 pm

It's amazing regarding individual reaction to medication. I've been on statins for better than 5 years now with no issues whatsoever. They are keeping my LDL cholesterol in check and so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm

My husband has been on them for years now and also has no issues at all.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”