beautiful weather lately

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

beautiful weather lately

Postby mbday630 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 am

I don't know what kind of weather the rest of you are having, but, here in the Midwest we are having some great weather. For the past 2 days we have been sitting outside with just a light sweater on. I had a going away party for my stepson yesterday and all the kids were playing soccer outside - wearing shorts - and we were sitting on the patio. It is supposed to be nice again today so hopefully I will get some outside yard work done. Also, I will be scoping out the yard in the hopes of seeing a robin. Last year on this day I saw my first robin of the year and that always lifts my spirits as I think that spring has to be right around the corner. I can't wait for spring! Longer days!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: beautiful weather lately

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:01 pm

It's a beautiful sunny 60 degrees here in NJ. I walked over to the shopping center a few minutes ago and was basking in the warmth. I know it won't last, but it does buoy up the spirit.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Robins are around here - not sure if our robins are the same as yours - they are brave little birds unafraid of our cats
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 pm

It's been a beautiful weekend here in Ottawa too, with temps as high as 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It's amazing how fast the snow is melting, in my backyard it was up over a 3 foot fence and in 2 days it's down by a good 6 inches. Of course, it's meant lots of "lakes" out on the street and we can only hope it won't drop too fast so it freezes into skating rinks. Ain't nature wonderful! No robins yet, but our squirrels are inspecting drays.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Still sunny and warm here in Cape Town but we are all looking forward to winter arriving early with plenty of rain as our dams are now averaging only 32% full! Water restrictions are now in stage 3. My beautiful lawn looks like hay as we have not been allowed irrigation since November and can only water with buckets twice a week. I have cut down my water bill to zero as am only using 'grey' water for my pot plants so have done my share to save water. Must say showering with a bucket takes some practice!! :(
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:20 am

Kickaha,
The American robin is a type of thrush and is much bigger than the European robin, which is a type of flycatcher. I didn't see any signs of them today.

Val,
I do hope you get the rain you need soon. Showering with a bucket doesn't sound like fun.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:32 am

Val, hope it's a very BIG bucket!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 am

No normal size bucket - I use it to catch the cold water before it turns warm and then it is pushed aside while I wash and it catches what it can! :) My biceps are getting stronger by the day I kid you not - or they did when we were allowed 3 days a week watering. :naka: Down to twice a week now so will lose strength soon!! But do not have sufficient energy to lug more than a couple of full buckets at a time which is why my lawn has died. :)
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 am

Hah! For some reason I pictured you pouring buckets of water over your head, Val. I see now that you have the bucket in the shower with you to catch the water. :-? If I had to do that, I could close the drain in the tub as I showered and scoop the water from there, but I know that many people don't have tub/shower combinations.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:20 pm

It was 77° here today. Just creepy weather to me - totally not normal. We were up in NW Iowa for a week and it was even in the 70's up there when there is normally 2 feet of snow on the the ground this time of the year. Creepy...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Postby StarLite » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am

Last week hubby I shoveled snow for 3 days, well he used the blower, I shoveled. Today it's a bit dreary, it was beautiful and sunny yesterday and the day before we bbqed. I hope that's the end of the snow for us, my body is killing me
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”