Rosaboobie?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Rosaboobie?

Postby Diat60 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:58 am

Her last post was January 27. Is there any news?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Rosaboobie?

Postby draclvr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am

Rosaboobie and I chat often on Facebook. She is recovering from a serious issue with her foot. It started out as a corn, but they found a problem underneath. This required her to cancel her much anticipated walking trip to the Galapagos. The foot is getting much better, albeit slowly. She also has some family issues that are driving her nuts!

Hopefully she will be back here and posting soon. She is our "birthday greetings" member since her time zone is so different. I am not very good at remembering to post something, so I hope she is back soon!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for letting us know, Drac! Was starting to wonder whether, in fact, she had not gone on the Galapagos trip. What a shame but hope she will be back on the board soon.
After a long absence from Facebook, I see she is starting to post again. That must indicate she is feeling better!! :)
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Drac, I was starting if we'd done something to offend her! Rosa, if you're reading this, please know that we all miss you and your tales of Orcadian life.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:02 pm

I was wondering too where RB was. I knew she had foot problems and was going to go on a trip but I didn't want to mention it in case it was something she didn't want to discuss. Hopefully she will be back posting soon as I sure miss her! She is the best!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm

I guess I thought she was on another one of her adventures. Sorry to hear that she's missing out on a wonderful holiday, but glad to hear that she is on the mend. Perhaps the time just "being still" will do her a world of good.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

Hope your foot is better Rosaboobie!!
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 am

Hope you're feeling better soon, RB...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Lucien21
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Lucien21 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:55 am

Hope your foot gets better soon Rosa.
Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.
—Anorak’s Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1–2
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 am

Oh, my wonderful friends, I am so sorry for my long absence but I am afraid I have once again been in a very dark place. It all started when my foot was ulcerated almost down to the bone, and I was not able to wear ANY shoes or walk at all, so reluctantly I had to cancel my wonderful Galapagos Cruise just about a week before I was due to leave (there is no way I would have got onto the first plane - never mind all that travellng and walking) and this was the start of my depression. As some of you may know unfortunately I am prone to depression as I lack this darned chemical in my brain called Seratonin. For 6 weeks I never left the house or spoke to anyone. All I will say is that, with the holiday money I lost, I could have bought a new car! The Doctor here let me down badly when he would only state on the insurance claim form that I was suffering from merely a corn, and that he had NOT suggested I cancel the holiday, so I didnt even bother to try and claim, as there is no point for something so trivial, and so I lost the whole lot.

Straight after this holiday cancellation, Black Dahlia passed away and that also hit me hard, even though Drac and I were always half expecting this to happen. Appreciate that Drac and I have communicated with Donna every single day for many years, and then the 54 year old husband of one of my best friends here on Sanday died suddenly, which made me even worse.

Now the family issues that Drac has mentioned - it's all to do with my Mum's residential care. While I was in India I received an email from Jersey to say that I owed Jersey Social Services £7,000 - and then lo and behold a few weeks ago, I got yet another invoice from them for £35,000!!!

But here I am, slowly getting better and I am so touched by all your lovely messages .
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 am

Yay! We have missed you here very much.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

I'm so sorry you have had so much trouble lately, RB. It is very tough when everything seems to hit all at once. I hope you will continue to improve both physically and mentally and will stop by here again soon.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

boobie, as long as you are posting and are on the mend, that is all I care about! That is a problem about your mom's care, but, I am sure that is something you can deal with. My mother is in an assisted living center and pretty much everything is covered.

I am so sorry that you couldn't go on your trip. I was so looking forward to some pictures from you. Just take care of your babies and everything else will manage.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:13 pm

So glad you're back, RB. Place just wasn't the same without you! Time will heal the foot and, maybe, a return visit to the doctor might convince him to alter the claim form? Or is it too late to claim? Worth a try anyway as it's an awful lot of money. That bill from Social Services sounds awfully high, any chance they've made an error.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 pm

These places that take care of the elderly are very expensive. My Mom, while in rehab at such a facility, fortunately had all but one day covered by her insurance. At $165 per day, however, it really adds up. You basically have to be impoverished for government assistance. Many have to sell their homes or put them in their childrens' name as a result. You basically can have no assets. I purchased Long Term Care insurance in my early fifties just in case. It's expensive, but even if I'm paying for it for 30 years it's cheaper than one or two years in a facility. So, are children held responsible for their parents care in Jersey, Rosy?

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”