Rosaboobie?

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: Rosaboobie?

Postby Val » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 am

Yay - she's back! Take care RB.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 am

Jersey is a tax haven - state provision there is minimal at best.

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time lately, Boobie. I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better at least!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 am

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes - I am indeed on the mend but it seems to be taking its time!

Phlebas, actually in Jersey there are excellent facilities on offer. When they take you into care, they take your Pension from you and give you £30 pocket money each week, if you dont have any assets.

JK, I think this has come about because a year ago Mum gave me Power of Attorney to manage her Bank Account, and I was in fact keeping her Pension as she instructed me, as she owed me a large amount of money from way back, and this was her way of repaying just a little of that loan. But now they have stopped the Pension, darn it! What they should have done is stop Mum's Pension when she first went into a Residential Home many years ago, and they have only just realised their mistake and are trying to claim this shortfall back from either Mum or me. I would appear to be liable for the Pension I have pocketed in the last year, but in my opinion no more, as like you say I am NOT responsible for her care, so it looks as though I will have to pay back this money that she gave me!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Rosy...I would contact an attorney for advice. Power of Attorney means you have power to manage HER account. So...you would need to pay with any funds that are left in her bank account. If she had gifted you the money and you withdrew it from her account, it's no longer hers but yours. However, if you left the money in her account, then I'm thinking you would need to access whatever funds are available from that account to pay the care bills, but you would not be liable for anything outside of her available funds. Definitely, I would contact an attorney for advice.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 pm

You may have a valid point JK - Yes, there is almost nothing in Mum's Bank Account just now, cos each time it totalled £1,000, I would transfer it over to my Bank Account.
Boobie
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:02 pm

As long as this has been going on, I have to say I agree with JK... an attorney might be the thing to do. Good time to also inquire about that travel insurance you paid for, but were unable to use because of the stupid doctor. I would have raised holy hell with him myself! But I know you were in so much pain and so devastated about having to cancel the trip. Too bad I wasn't there to run interference for you!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Good advice about the Home Care charges, but I really dont think there is any point in doing anything about the travel insurance claim form. This particular Doctor is not on the island for another 3 months, and I really dont think it will achieve anything, particularly as he could not even be bothered to look at my foot, so I really dont know how he was able to complete the form!
Boobie

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”